By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Nintendo screw us?

Onyxmeth said:
Can someone at least address the fact that I'm quoting a representative of Capcom saying he's testing the Wii with Okami's success? Does that not show some hesitation to put money behind the Wii?
if that shows hesitation then what does Monster hunter 3 one thier biggest franchise in japan mean, to me thats confidence.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Around the Network

@Onyxmeth 

Honestly, why can't Nintendo have some sort of quality control? Why can't they stop publishers that only bring down Nintendo's good name for a quick buck?

But you're wrong, these publishers don't bring down anything, Nintendo games are still regarded as being among the best. And Nintendo could have a "seal of quality" (and not quality control which is something else, and which they and every console maker have) but then you would blame them for scaring 3rd parties away.

There's a lot of people that don't want to walk into a store and see that much garbage so early on. It clogs shelf space. With the PS2 it doesn't matter, because most of it came after there was a healthy assortment of titles that could hold that shelf space and show quality. People that buy that crap can lose faith in buying titles for the Wii.

These "lots of people"  you talk about are a minority. And you're wrong about PS2 games, but it seems like you won't listen to people explaining to you your sources are bad and wrong.

Also what is a third party to do? Conspiracy Entertainment had a 333% increase in profit in three months after Ninjabread Man, Counter Force, Power Play Pool and Cocoto Kart Racing were released. Another third party looks at that and sees what they should see, a gold mine.

No, they wouldn't see a gold mine. That's because they don't fail at maths like you do.

If they currently earn 100 000 % more on their games than Conspiracy Entertainment, they would lose huge money by going down to making these kind of games, as it would be a 999 667 % loss of profit over their current games.

For those of you that think Capcom is REALLY behind the Wii, here's a quote from Christian Svensson, Capcom's Vice-President of Strategic Planning & Business Development:
Christian Svensson asks to "spread the Okami gospel across the net, my sons and daughters." and we have complied.

This quote was adressed to specific people on the Capcom boards ... Try to get your facts straight and not lose your mind to sensationalist editorials.

He also said in regard to the good sales from the Resident Evil games that "all of you Wii fanatics better have Okami pre-ordered by now because that's the next test (and it's waaay better with Wii controls, than it was on PS2... it's very different, in a good way)." We'll keep you posted.

That's right. If Capcom is really on board with the Wii, why are they testing us?

Why? Because they don't!  Also because you act like a troll and a hater that therefore doesn't want to investigate or understand anything, only stealth troll. So as soon as you find sth you find offensive, you run off with it without trying to understand.

Here again, I did the search for you, wasn't really hard, took 5 minutes : http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showpost.php?p=476446&postcount=3

There's your answer!

Sven wasn't testing us like you said, he was playing with very specific people, which hardly define as us, unless all of us are every week on Ask Capcom board asking endlessly the same questions.

No wonder you are so wrong in everything you say. You're just some more proof that the Wii haters have nothing real to hate on, and it has been true since day one. That's why we continue to see their arguments destroyed one by one as time passes. I've no doubt yours will be too. And FYI, what you and all the people like you are doing, is called FUD. And I wouldn't be surprised if you were an astroturfer.

You would just be a lot smarter than the previous ones, who were easily spotted and broke into fits quickly.

This quote is like a week old too, so obviously this is the current mindset they're on regarding Wii. It sounds very cautious and unsure, like they'll revert back to not supporting Wii if Okami fails. Not only that but they've decided they couldn't allocate enough budget to release any commercials, so don't expect anything but some game magazine ads for Okami.

Again you're so wrong it's pathetic. Sven specifically said they wouldn't make TV commercials, as they were too expensive, but instead will make an appropriate sized marketing.

I think Nintendo's market approach regarding this console, the incompatibility graphically to the competition and their inability to stop even the worst offenders of shovelware that clog up tons of shelf space is all Nintendo's fault.

It's their strategy, yes. What is their fault again? Why is it a fault?

Consoles never was compatible with their competition, so have you become insane?

And console makers goal is not to stop what YOU feel are the worst offenders of anything, and last I heard, those offenders have no power to "clog up tons of shelf space" at any retailer. So from where did you mae this up?

You sound more and more insane the more I read you. You're making most of what you say up, don't check on anything you quote, put things out of context, while defending yourself of not being a hater and owning a Wii, ... 

Nintendo needs to play hardball like Sony and Microsoft do and get the damn games on their system already.

They already do. How come you didn't notice?

Because they don't need money to do that? Perhaps that pisses you off because it just means they're winning this gen. 

Onyxmeth said:

For those of you that think Capcom is REALLY behind the Wii, here's a quote from Christian Svensson, Capcom's Vice-President of Strategic Planning & Business Development:

Christian Svensson asks to "spread the Okami gospel across the net, my sons and daughters." and we have complied. He also said in regard to the good sales from the Resident Evil games that "all of you Wii fanatics better have Okami pre-ordered by now because that's the next test (and it's waaay better with Wii controls, than it was on PS2... it's very different, in a good way)." We'll keep you posted.

That's right. If Capcom is really on board with the Wii, why are they testing us? They don't seem to be testing 360 and PS3 owners. This quote is like a week old too, so obviously this is the current mindset they're on regarding Wii. It sounds very cautious and unsure, like they'll revert back to not supporting Wii if Okami fails. Not only that but they've decided they couldn't allocate enough budget to release any commercials, so don't expect anything but some game magazine ads for Okami.

Are you serious?  Look at what he's saying, it's obviously not completely serious.  I think that they are probably a little worried about Okami; after all, it's famous as the best game ever to flop on a hundred-million-plus userbase.  But Capcom isn't worried about the Wii.  Who says the "test" isn't to see how many preorders Okami gets, as a lighthearted demand for a show of devotion from his flock? 

I don't see anything "cautious and unsure" in those quotes.  I think you are reading into it what you expect to see.  What about those quotes sounds cautious and unsure, specifically?  Please go into detail. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I'm with Final-Fan here. I don't have any clue how you are pulling your conclusions of "cautious and unsure" from that. Capcom must have a fair amount of faith to even release Okami on the Wii.  Which had horrible sales on the console leader last gen.  You really do seem to be trying to grasp for something to blame on Wii, or for something to show everyone it's not worth their time. Why are you grasping so hard?

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Onyxmeth said: If you're looking at the same thing I am, you'll notice that most of the worst shovelware on the Wii is being created by two publishers. Neither one has any respect for quality gaming. Why can't Nintendo pull them aside and tell them to cut the shit? Do you really think Capcom, Konami and Square-Enix, among others, are going to care because Nintendo is cracking down on Conspiracy and Destination? 

I'm done after this post. This is like talking to a fucking wall, so I'm going to try this one last time...

1. Shovelware is good. It has ALWAYS been good. Shovelware has NEVER been a bad thing for any console, ever. The PS2 won because of shovelware, and I say that because the decision to put GTA3 on the PS2 was made because the system had the most titles and therefore the most userbase, even if 98% of the games were ass.

2. Dictating what 3rd parties can and cannot do it what spawned the PSX. It's why everyone flipped Nintendo the bird and ran off to develop for Sony. Even doing this to smaller devs would repulse them and send them to other consoles.

3. Gaming libraries are a issue of numbers. The higher the numbers, the better the chance of having good games in there as well and the more systems they will sell.

4. It's too early to be complaining about this. The Wii is only on the beginning of its second year of existence and NO ONE expected it to do well, hence why the AAA titles which take a year to produce on average, won't be out yet.

5. Nintendo did everything feasible to reach out to 3rd parties. They gave suggestions, they offered hints, they even flew Nintendo reps to the headquarters of these places to show them the Wiimote.

Now, given your inability to respond logically to anything in this thread so far, I have you pegged...

You sir, are Ferrous Cranus:

Ferrous Cranus is utterly impervious to reason, persuasion and new ideas, and when engaged in battle he will not yield an inch in his position regardless of its hopelessness. Though his thrusts are decisively repulsed, his arguments crushed in every detail and his defenses demolished beyond repair he will remount the same attack again and again with only the slightest variation in tactics. Sometimes out of pure frustration Philosopher will try to explain to him the failed logistics of his situation, or Therapist will attempt to penetrate the psychological origins of his obduracy, but, ever unfathomable, Ferrous Cranus cannot be moved.

http://www.flamewarriors.com/warriorshtm/ferouscranus.htm

And with that, I'm out.

He's a brick wall, folks. Just stop bumping the thread.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network

Hah! I don't think Capcom needs to worry about Okami on the Wii at all. It took a team of 8 people less than a year to port it over to the Wii. Estimated cost is less than a million dollars. It could probably make money if it only sold 100,000 units. :P

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.