By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The sad truth is, the Playstation 3 has zero, exclusive games, rated 90%+ on GameRankings, but the Wii has one, which is Super Mario Galaxy. The Xbox 360, on the other hand, has a hand full. The Xbox 360, I would say, definitely, has the best line up of video games. There are 34 million selling games for the Xbox 360 right now, which is just short of 4, from the original Xbox. The Xbox 360 has a very strong library of games, but I think the Playstation 3 will defeat it in terms of sales, especially since Blu-Ray has defeated HD-DVD! As for the Wii, it will get more, fantastic games, both first party, and third party! Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Kart Wii, are just around the corner!

Around the Network

Also, don't forget capcom has 'we love golf' on the way. It may not be RE5, but it could very well be a quality title. Capcom has been the most consistant (in terms of quality) wii 3rd party supporter so far.

We Love Golf? We? Wii? Not I. So not We! What do all golf games have in common? They are all the same! To me, Golf is okay, but I would rather play real golf, than on a television screen. Never-the-less, golf is golf, and golf games are all the same.

^^

I've always said the same thing about platforming. Something about not being about to double jump has always held me back.

a.l.e.x00 said:
The sad truth is, the Playstation 3 has zero, exclusive games, rated 90%+ on GameRankings, but the Wii has one, which is Super Mario Galaxy. The Xbox 360, on the other hand, has a hand full. The Xbox 360, I would say, definitely, has the best line up of video games. There are 34 million selling games for the Xbox 360 right now, which is just short of 4, from the original Xbox. The Xbox 360 has a very strong library of games, but I think the Playstation 3 will defeat it in terms of sales, especially since Blu-Ray has defeated HD-DVD! As for the Wii, it will get more, fantastic games, both first party, and third party! Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Kart Wii, are just around the corner!

None of those have to do with this thread. This thread is about Nintendo supposedly needing quality control to reign in 3rd-party shovelware. Your post shows none of that. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

To be fair, the thread has veered off track a couple times.

Can someone at least address the fact that I'm quoting a representative of Capcom saying he's testing the Wii with Okami's success? Does that not show some hesitation to put money behind the Wii?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

The fact of the matter is, he may just be all talk.

Despite a slow start, zack and wiki has sold better than expected. RE4 and RE:UC have both seen very strong numbers.

Those titles will be followed by okami and we love golf this year. okami, while a very good game, sold very poorly on the ps2 (when it was 6 years in). If okami is a test, it wouldn't be a very fair one.

Onyxmeth said:
Can someone at least address the fact that I'm quoting a representative of Capcom saying he's testing the Wii with Okami's success? Does that not show some hesitation to put money behind the Wii?

He did NOT state what the test was for. That's what I mean by reading into that. And Capcom is putting money behind the Wii. Monster Hunter 3 is a major franchise, and Capcom felt their money would be better on the Wii than the PS3, which they DID state.

A clear message says more than one you are just inferring.

So what would this be a test for? It's likely to confirm that any Capcom game sells on the Wii. That is not hesitation, as EVERY system has certain games that just don't sell on it.

Dead Rising was likely the test for the 360, and it passed.

The PS3 didn't pass, as the cost of games was too high for any exclusives. Therefore THIS is the system they are hesitant to put their money behind, at least exclusively. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Onyxmeth said:

What's the test? To see if a good game from the last generation that didn't sell well can be ported and sell? It doesn't matter. If it sells well then they can say it just sold because it was a good game. Where is the indication that a new IP will sell well? You seem to have already reached a conclusion so why not tell us what it is?