By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Irrational Games are "winding down"; all but 15 staff laid off [edit: Gamasutra - Bioshock Infinite didn't sell enough]

Tagged games:

Ken Levine wants to pursue his dream of being an Ouya developer.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network
Soleron said:
I think he is lying by omission.

Sure, Ken wants to leave. Fine. But Ken does not own Irrational. Take-Two does. By their own admission, Irrational are some of the best devs in the world, and seemingly financially successful.

Why are Take-Two shutting down Irrational?

My hypothesis: Infinite flopped and they can't keep it open.

ok now this reasoning is making sense!

BraveNewWorld said:
Ken Levine wants to pursue his dream of being an Ouya developer.

think he has been moneyhatted by Amazon and their new games department...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Soleron said:

Sure, Ken wants to leave. Fine. But Ken does not own Irrational. Take-Two does. By their own admission, Irrational are some of the best devs in the world, and seemingly financially successful.

Crazy if true. Just looked at the retail sales at it was at 3.34 million copies in lifetime sales. Then they killed the team that made Bioshock 2 as well. The future of Bioshock looks to be at an unfortunate end. You'd think they'd want Irrational making a new nexgen game of some kind, considering their success. 

fatslob-:O said:

Why should I care about your worthless input on used games when you clearly don't understand the perspective of a customer ? 

Next time think of less shit ideas and I may be able to let you off the hook for acting ignorant.

Thats why I make the money I do cause I sell Ideas. I run a production company which also doubles as a marketing company. I produce flyers regularly. Just cause you always buy used and feel no need to cough up the little $5 bucks extra for a game, doesn't mean I don't understand the market. I invest too. So keep that awesome additude up! Wiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!

I sell my business Ideas all the time. I understand the customer more then you think FATSLOB

Funny you got so angry, shows you don't have a clue at all.

Hmmmmmmm used game market takes money out of software companies, companies having hard time making money, going all digital... ahahhahahahahahah it's not me that buys all used games it's, it's, b b b b b b but but it's, you're ignorant. LOLOLOLOL AhAHAHAHAHAH

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Well, nothing is Infinite... Biollmeans, as long as you can Ken keep on Levin(e). The gaming industry is Adam hard market today, this will certainly give quite a few gamers a Shock, but perhaps they will have their Vengeance, come back by Force and SWAT the other developers like flies.

Ban this man. Ban him hard.

I lold 

Nintendo should've bou ... aw forget it. :P

Having the BioShock team would've gained Nintendo a lot of credibility within hardcore circles though. 

Soleron said:

That is what I thought as well. This seems fishy to me.

DJEVOLVE said:

Why should I care about your worthless input on used games when you clearly don't understand the perspective of a customer ? 

Next time think of less shit ideas and I may be able to let you off the hook for acting ignorant.

Thats why I make the money I do cause I sell Ideas. I run a production company which also doubles as a marketing company. I produce flyers regularly. Just cause you always buy used and feel no need to cough up the little $5 bucks extra for a game, doesn't mean I don't understand the market. I invest too. So keep that awesome additude up! Wiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!

I sell my business Ideas all the time. I understand the customer more then you think FATSLOB

Funny you got so angry, shows you don't have  clue at all.

Hmmmmmmm used game market takes money out of software companies, companies having hard time making money, going all digital... ahahhahahahahahah it's not me that buys all used games it's, it's, b b b b b b but but it's, your ignorant. LOLOLOLOL AhAHAHAHAHAH

Nobody's angry here, I just pointed out that your idea of used games hurting the industry is stupid. You sound awfully insecure and mad in your last post. 

I wonder how the company is doing with an employee like yourself ... Who said I buy used games ? I'm in the master race so I don't have to resort to such dishonorable acts like a console warrior such as yourself LOL. You know nothing about those customers LOLOL hence why I claimed your ideas of no substance. Thinking like the industry gets you nowhere to selling shit. Even if used games didn't exist the sales of games wouldn't be any higher.

Nobody's angry here, I just pointed out that your idea of used games hurting the industry is stupid. You sound awfully insecure and mad in your last post. 

I wonder how the company is doing with an employee like yourself ... Who said I buy used games ? I'm in the master race so I don't have to resort to such dishonorable acts like a console warrior such as yourself LOL. You know nothing about those customers LOLOL hence why I claimed your ideas of no substance. Thinking like the industry gets you nowhere to selling shit. Even if used games didn't exist the sales of games wouldn't be any higher.

What ev. to any invester they see the Risk, I wouldn't expect that from someone who needs to buy used games.