By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Irrational Games are "winding down"; all but 15 staff laid off [edit: Gamasutra - Bioshock Infinite didn't sell enough]

Tagged games:

Mummelmann said:
Well, nothing is Infinite... Biollmeans, as long as you can Ken keep on Levin(e). The gaming industry is Adam hard market today, this will certainly give quite a few gamers a Shock, but perhaps they will have their Vengeance, come back by Force and SWAT the other developers like flies.

That's just... Infinitely horrible.

Around the Network
Xen said:
Mummelmann said:
Well, nothing is Infinite... Biollmeans, as long as you can Ken keep on Levin(e). The gaming industry is Adam hard market today, this will certainly give quite a few gamers a Shock, but perhaps they will have their Vengeance, come back by Force and SWAT the other developers like flies.

I'm a tad ashamed of it, really.

DJEVOLVE said:
fatslob-:O said:

Well that was a stupid idea seeing as how most game sales happen within 6 months at a price of $60. 

When do yo think gamestop gets most of it's used copies and sells most of it's used copies?

give you a guess, the first 6 months. Why you think they always advertise the shit out of new game buyouts?

Good one fatslob, good one. Next time think about it before you comment. Better yet, eat the burger.

Why should I care about your worthless input on used games when you clearly don't understand the perspective of a customer ? 

Next time think of less shit ideas and I may be able to let you off the hook for acting ignorant.

Mummelmann said:
Xen said:
Mummelmann said:

I'm a tad ashamed of it, really.

You certainly should be.

Why did the whole company have to close cause one guy wanted to leave?  

Around the Network

I think he is lying by omission.

Sure, Ken wants to leave. Fine. But Ken does not own Irrational. Take-Two does. By their own admission, Irrational are some of the best devs in the world, and seemingly financially successful.

Why are Take-Two shutting down Irrational?

My hypothesis: Infinite flopped and they can't keep it open.

He obviously went Indie so he could deliver that Vita game he promised us.

Soleron said:
I think he is lying by omission.

Sure, Ken wants to leave. Fine. But Ken does not own Irrational. Take-Two does. By their own admission, Irrational are some of the best devs in the world, and seemingly financially successful.

Why are Take-Two shutting down Irrational?

My hypothesis: Infinite flopped and they can't keep it open.

This ...

DJEVOLVE said:

Brought to you by Gamestop and people who buy used games. That $5 off was worth it huh. I can say I own over 80 Games all bought from the  developers. Some I waited until they dropped in price or a black friday sale but all gave money to the studio.

This guy, I swear.

OT: That's a shame. BI was pretty good. I'm glad I was able to try it out with PS+. I wonder if any other developer will pick up the Bioshock Franchise. It's too valuable to lose.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

How ironic, I just finish Bioshock Infinite last month. First Miyamoto and Now Lenvine, more well known developers are moving to small dev work. Best wishes to Irrational Games as a whole.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke