By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Sales Surpass 5.3 Million Units Worldwide as of February 8

biggamejames79 said:
Within 3%, much accuracy, such sales!

28%. If x system has 100m previous sales and VGC showed it sold 10m sales in a given period but in reality it only sold 1m is it then only 9% off? Answer: Absolutely not. They are 900% off

Around the Network

If the PS4 can continue this momentum it may end up near PS2 numbers. Crazyness. I would've never thought that 3 or so years ago

Congratulations Sony !!!  PS4 is the new PS2 but with superior graphics compared to its competitors.

pezus said:
I swear we had PS4 at 5.4m a few days ago. Was it adjusted down?

Nah, that was 4.4M. The numbers are just going up to fast it's getting blurry.  :)

A Beast. Could definitely top WiiU this month.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
biggamejames79 said:
Within 3%, much accuracy, such sales!

28%. If x system has 100m previous sales and VGC showed it sold 10m sales in a given period but in reality it only sold 1m is it then only 9% off? Answer: Absolutely not. They are 900% off

Oh, I was talking about the PS4 # being close, 5.187 to 5.3, yeah the Xbone # is way off.  I saw Xbone is on layaway at GameStop, so now it's easier to afford the system that less people want.

PS4 is doing awesome.

I cant wait to see j

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

ethomaz said:
Puppyroach said:
Really good tracking by VGC. Am I the only one thinking X1 sales are crappy as hell and that PS4 sales don´t feel to impressive?

How PS4 sales are not impressive? It is 5.3m in 2 months and 3 weeks... close to 1 million ahead Wii at the same time... it by a long margin the fastest selling console ever.

Phenomenal number if you account it is having supply issues yet.

Well, I am one of those that still believe the 8th gen will come short of the 7th gen in every way, so I might be overly critical :P.

I am looking at it this way:

At the end of december, PS4 stood at 4.2 million sold through, which almost cetrainly matches the shipped numbers since demand was so high. At the end of december 2006, Wii shipments stood at 3.19 million (including Japan). At the end of march, Wii shipments stood at 5.84 million, meaning they shipped 2.65 million units during the first three months. This means that PS4 needs to ship another 1.35 million units between now and march 31st in order to keep the same distance to Wii.

They might do it thanks to the release in Japan, but I will remain skeptical until proven otherwise. And, I hope I am wrong and the 8th gen grows considerably above the previous one, but it doesn´t look like it now. And the problem is, if PS4 continues to grow and thrive, without the other too growing aswell, the whole industry will suffer and sadly drag Sony down in the end aswell.

Puppyroach said:
ethomaz said:
Puppyroach said:
Really good tracking by VGC. Am I the only one thinking X1 sales are crappy as hell and that PS4 sales don´t feel to impressive?

How PS4 sales are not impressive? It is 5.3m in 2 months and 3 weeks... close to 1 million ahead Wii at the same time... it by a long margin the fastest selling console ever.

Phenomenal number if you account it is having supply issues yet.

Well, I am one of those that still believe the 8th gen will come short of the 7th gen in every way, so I might be overly critical :P.

I am looking at it this way:

At the end of december, PS4 stood at 4.2 million sold through, which almost cetrainly matches the shipped numbers since demand was so high. At the end of december 2006, Wii shipments stood at 3.19 million (including Japan). At the end of march, Wii shipments stood at 5.84 million, meaning they shipped 2.65 million units during the first three months. This means that PS4 needs to ship another 1.35 million units between now and march 31st in order to keep the same distance to Wii.

They might do it thanks to the release in Japan, but I will remain skeptical until proven otherwise. And, I hope I am wrong and the 8th gen grows considerably above the previous one, but it doesn´t look like it now. And the problem is, if PS4 continues to grow and thrive, without the other too growing aswell, the whole industry will suffer and sadly drag Sony down in the end aswell.

I think they will sell about 2m PS4s before the end of March, maybe more.