By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Sales Surpass 5.3 Million Units Worldwide as of February 8

So by the end of march :

PS4-One gap = 3M

PS4 outsell Wii U by 1M

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Aerys said:
So by the end of march :

PS4-One gap = 3M

PS4 outsell Wii U by 1M

3 million after Japan launch is my prediction... 500k gap only in US before Titanfall launch.

I expect Japan to move 600-700k at launch... the rest of gap will be posted in the weekly basis with ~100k increase every week.

If I miss my prediction it will be by ~200k.

Turkish said:
trixiemafia86 said:
its good sony is giving out numbers from time to time. I recall in these forums in december, some users claimed the ps4 was overtracked by alot because of how well it was outselling the competition. they even claimed that Sony said they could only produce 5 million before the end of the fiscal year or so. the official numbers from sony helped to silence the doubters lol. keep em coming Sony.

Haha yeah, some claimed "just wait until holidays are over! ps4 will bomb like wiiu!"

Some people also claimed in december that you could easily buy PS4 anywhere.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Aerys said:
So by the end of march :

PS4-One gap = 3M

PS4 outsell Wii U by 1M

Quite possible, yes.

We can be fairly confident that by E3 the PS4 has more than double the X1 sales.

I say that, but its quite probably that the target is hit by april.

Will be interesting to see if VGC adjust to these figures or stick with there own

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:
GribbleGrunger said:

What makes you think that? VGC has it at 5.2 million and it's a week old. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just wondering what leads you to believe that.

Both Sony and VGC numbers are as of the same date.  Though 200k undertracked is unlikely.  They said more than 5.3m, so it is probably less than 5.35m (though all the numbers they've released so far have been rounded down rather than up).  VGC has it at 5.187m.  So we are looking at 113k - ~160k undertracked.

Oh, thanks. For some reason I thought it was a week behind the figures.

It's probably sitting at about 5.5 million now

The PS5 Exists. 

The Ps4 is a masterpiece!!! It´s a real gem.

But the best gaming experience is just possible with the famous "PS4- Wii U" combination imho.

So they've hit their fiscal target 7 week's early and without the Japan launch included. Damn impressive.

Wow, great news for Sony! Congrats to PS4! They have been pretty quiet these days and I wondered why since MS was in the PR spotlight for over a month now with gaming news.

It's nice for them to come out and remind everybody on the amazing sales of PS4. I wonder why they chose today though to announce something like this. They have GDC next month and that would have sufficed. Unless Sony is not only reminding gamers but also certain 3rd parties about the install base. :)

Blood_Tears said:
Wow, great news for Sony! Congrats to PS4! They have been pretty quiet these days and I wondered why since MS was in the PR spotlight for over a month now with gaming news.

It's nice for them to come out and remind everybody on the amazing sales of PS4. I wonder why they chose today though to announce something like this. They have GDC next month and that would have sufficed. Unless Sony is not only reminding gamers but also certain 3rd parties about the install base. :)

Hopefully its because they know the Japanese pre orders are record breaking like other regions, in which case setting the base level before and then again after launch publically will show the growth.