By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if Nintendo buyed the PlayStation brand?

Lol the playstation brand by itself isnt that important. What you want to ask is: What if Nintendo bought Sony Computer entertainment?

And that would be: Nintendo Wins!

They seem too passive though. I dont see them even trying.

Around the Network

First Nintendo would have to sell Nintendo than they would be able to purchase Sony.

they would keep playstation like it is, cos it works.

StarOcean said:
Then we'd never see those IPs again. I mean seriously, if a game isnt Mario, Pokemon, or Zelda, then Nintendo doesnt give a shit about it. Havent seen many new F-Zero, Starfox, or Metroid (and many more) games in years

Yes, because Nintendo buying SCE means they would dissolve all of those studios overnight and lay off everyone from Sony Japan to Guerrilla Games and in-between.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I do not think Nintendo would buy Sony but maybe both companies could decide that it would be more cost efficient for both to work together once again and join forces against Microsoft. They could create some kind of joint-venture and both companies as well as the consumer would benefit.

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/unreleased-super-nintendo-cd-rom-drive-technical-documents-leaked-online.html

Around the Network

console domination.
xbox d00m

Sony may be "worth" more, but when you're billions in debt, how much "worth" do they really have? Nintendo has billions in actual cash, but, if they took on Sony's enormous debt, they would just end up being in almost as bad of a position. It wouldn't be worth it.

Mr Khan said:
StarOcean said:
Then we'd never see those IPs again. I mean seriously, if a game isnt Mario, Pokemon, or Zelda, then Nintendo doesnt give a shit about it. Havent seen many new F-Zero, Starfox, or Metroid (and many more) games in years

Yes, because Nintendo buying SCE means they would dissolve all of those studios overnight and lay off everyone from Sony Japan to Guerrilla Games and in-between.

EA would while this was playing in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCEDfZgDPS8&feature=kp

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank