By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just admit it guys!

Tagged games:

Titanfall looks...

AWESOME! 87 20.33%

Meh, it looks like Call of Duty with Mechz! 268 62.62%

Ewww 720p 73 17.06%

Total:428
Mr Puggsly said:
BeElite said:

lmao what anger, i guess you the type that a raised voice scares you?

you sound like a xbot apologist, take your own advice.

VGChartz has a new hotshot that doesn't play by the rules.

This is that edge this forum needed.

you vgs are always good for a lol.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
T.Rexington said:

Can't say I agree with this. Let's look at some of the games available for the X1 and PS4 so far. Non-shooter of course.

Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Skylander's Swap Force, Assassin's Creed IV, Lego Marvel, Angry Birds Star Wars, Need for Speed Rivals, Ryse, Zoo Tycoon, Powerstar Golf, Knack, etc.

That's not including certain games like Dead Rising 3. Which contain shooting, but isn't necessarily a "shooter" at all. Point is, there's been a pretty good selection of games to choose from. Not gonna say that all these games should appeal to you, but to say there isn't diversity isn't a very accurate statement in my opinion.

Well. The industry seems to go though "phases".

At one point in time in the PC space for instance, every second game being released was an RTS game.
On consoles like the SNES it was inundated with platformers.
The PS1 seemed to be crawling with 3rd person games.
The Xbox 360 was full of first person shooters.
Now the PC seems to be crawling with MMO's of varying types.

Developers/Publishers will push for games that are of minimum risk for the highest returns, which is to be expected, they're a business and not a charity.

It should be interesting to see what this generation brings, return of the RPG perhaps?

That all depends on what you mean specifically by RPG. We've had a buttload of RPGs in the last gen. Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Elderscrolls Oblivion, Elderscrolls Skyrim, South Park: Stick of Truth, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, FFXIII, FFXIII-2, Lightning Returns, Alpha Protocol, Costume Quest, Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Mass Effect 1-3, Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age II, Diablo III, Witcher II, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2, Resonance of Fate, Nier, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Cthulu Saves the World, DC Universe Online, Dragon's Crown, Fable II, Fable III, Two Worlds II, Dungeon Siege III, Folklore, Kingdoms of Amalur, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Tales of Vesperia, Kingdom of Fire: Circle of Doom, etc. and so forth. I could go on. We've had a but load of RPGs this gen. They've been in development on a regular basement. Hell, 2014 has a bunch of them, Fable Anniversary just released as a matter of fact.

Honestly, variety is so underrated in the last gen. There's been a boat load of platformers, RPGs, FPS, third person shooters, open world action adventures, point and click adventures, fighting games, party games, racing games, hack and slash, brawler, and simulation games all come to mind. The catalog is there on each console, people just have to give it a chance.

I'll admit, if it were on Wii U I'd buy it in a second. It's not a system seller for me, but if you have the system, it's a must have. It won't be Xbone's savior, but it'll do really well.

bigjon said:
actually titanfall does not "look" awesome, in fact it looks a lot like a 360 game. Whether or it plays awesome is a different story as I have not played it, but if I wanted too my 2X Radeon 6950s would handle just fine.

Certainly it doesn't look as stunning as the current next-gen standard, Ryse.

But it looks nothing like a 360 game either - as I am sure will become clear when the 360 version is released.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Another pew pew pew game, thank god!

No it looks really fun for its target demographic fanbase it should sell imho better than COD Ghosts given time on the XB1 platform.

Around the Network

I always love the gamers who wish for the demise of the FPS genre. No surprise that most of these folks are usually overzealous fans of certain genres that have been in steady decline over the past generation, most notably the JRPG crowd.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.