By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Toriyama: Lightning might appear in future FF titles

badgenome said:
What the fuck is up with Toriyama's obsession with Lightning?

She is a strong woman, with bigger and jigglier breasts!

Waifuuuuuu

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Why are people whining about this? Do people whine about this with Cloud? I thought he was boring as toast but I didn't cry because he was in FFT.

Not my favourite character but Cloud although a well known character had two things focused on him and those were FFVII and Advent Children from what I recall with the DLC in LR and a cameo in FFT, the other VII games were focused on Vincent, the Turks and Zack with Cloud having little to no influence in these despite being VII focused. Lightning how ever had a DLC in Parasite Eve 3rd, a cameo in XIV, a lead role in Dissidia on top of two games focusing on her while they tried to place her as super hero in another and now he want's her in future games. At this point it's stretching it a bit too much.

Lightning is popular in Japan but not in the west as the latter just views the character as stroppy, remember Raiden in MGS2? Now picture if he'd got the same kind of focus, at least with Raiden they changed up the character in later games but Lightning is still the same in all she appears in.

Can we go back to the days where each Final Fantasy was just a stand alone piece of work with no spin offs or sequels.

ktay95 said:
reggin_bolas said:
No thanks. In fact, I won't buy another FF title until they find their way back to their roots.

Here is the game you are looking for

I was just about to post the same thing. Bravely Default is the best Final Fantasy game since Lost Odyssey. I don't get the Lightning obession. FFXIII is something SE needs to be forgetting about. They just keep re-opening the wound and dumping salt on it.

Don't they understand that Lightning is one of the most disliked characters of the whole saga ?
Why do they insist that much ? We don't want to f***ing see her ever again. The whole XIII trilogy was a joke, they should just give it up now...

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network

Screw Lightning. I want a Vanille only spinoff.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Screw Lightning. I want a Vanille only spinoff.

Make her the villain, I'm sure plenty of fans would like the chance to give her a piece of their mind...

*smiles*

Welp, this means FFXV is gonna suck!

jk

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850