By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayo 2 60 FPS HD Action

Tagged games:

curl-6 said:
binary solo said:

Bayo 2 looks great for people used to Wii visuals. 

I've had a 360 since 2009, and it looks great to me. :)

I was being charitable to people with Xbox360 .

In all fairness, yes it does look great. But not nexgen great, just lastgen great.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

looks good. Love the 60fps.
NO SARCASM

binary solo said:
curl-6 said:
binary solo said:

In all fairness, yes it does look great. But not nexgen great, just lastgen great.

To me the PS3/360/WiiU/Xbone/PS4 graphics spectrum is more of a blurred continuum than a yawning chasm. The best looking games on PS3/360 look better than some PS4/Xbone games. Wii U is somewhere in the middle.

Thanks for the links. Game looks much better in the uncompressed footage. I see the port begging is still going on....

As an owner of Bayonetta for ps3 and owner of a ps4, 360 and wiiu, I'll say that this game looks better than part one, but not a great deal better. It looks more colorful and the scale of the enemies seems a bit larger, which is cool, but it seems to have the same effects and low detail environments. It's still a good looking game, but it's got nothing on anything made specifically for the ps4/xb1 in my opinion. Even AC4 being multiplat/gen looks better and I don't really care for AC games (4 is my first to play/own, Buy2get1free Amazon :))

Some may think different. Visual styling is subjective, but technically I feel it shouldn't even be an argument. Doesn't mean the game will be bad at all, in fact I'm sure it'll be just as fun as the original. I'll grab it when it's down to like $30.

Wiiu is a solid system (though that os...damn that crap is slow, especially next to ps4. Hell ps3 feels faster to move around in). On a technical level I don't think any wiiu game will really come close to the level of games ps4/xb1 have but it'll always come down to the devs. High quality Nintendo devs vs low/mid level devs might have a smaller gap, but first party vs first party, I'm sorry but Wiiu is left in the dust. An exception is always possible.

Wiiu is good to have for more gameplay focused games with more "cheerful" visuals. For games that I can immerse myself into the world/story/characters, I'm gonna go to ps4/xb1.

These are just the thoughts of a leans towards sony but generally unbiased gamer.

Once xb1 is $400 I'll get that too.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
binary solo said:
curl-6 said:
binary solo said:

To me the PS3/360/WiiU/Xbone/PS4 graphics spectrum is more of a blurred continuum than a yawning chasm. The best looking games on PS3/360 look better than some PS4/Xbone games. Wii U is somewhere in the middle.

I'd put it roughly like this:

<-------------360--------->

<------------PS3------------->

<-------------WiiU------------->

<--------------Xb one--------------->

<-----------------PS4----------------------->

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
curl-6 said:
binary solo said:

I'd put it roughly like this:

<-------------360--------->

<------------PS3------------->

<-------------WiiU------------->

<--------------Xb one--------------->

<-----------------PS4----------------------->

Yeah, that looks about right.

Cheers for the links, fantastic looking game, got to try it at Euro Expo last year and seeing it running is beyond what you see in the videos, I'm even going through the original on 360 and it just blows it away, glad the game was saved.

It's not 100fps? I am not buying it then. Platinum Games should try harder next time.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

dahuman said:

You probably want that 648MB english version, I think the 288 one is 30FPS

Both look 60fps to me, and according to VLC and Media Player Classic, both are. Still, the English version seems to be more demanding for some reason, as it has some occasional "stuttering" on my PC. I wonder what's the difference...

Anyway, the game looks absolutely gorgeous... Mouth-watering level of over the top awesomeness, if that makes any sense.^_^ Now that there's a Japanese dub, I hope Platinum includes it as an option in the West, like The Wonderful 101 did. And I'm still hopelessly hoping for the first Bayonetta to be ported to WiiU...