Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Twitch Chat Plays Pokemon

Tagged games:

what is dis?

the best thing to have ev... 110 54.73%

up down left right start a b 37 18.41%

this is interesting....... 18 8.96%

ITS DA END OF THE WORLD!!!! 19 9.45%

Total:184

They should do a " Twitch Plays Final Fantasy VI".  Insanity is  guaranteed no matter how much they change the rules or whatever.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
osed125 said:

Twitch plays Pokemon has lost quite a bit of popularity, during red/blue the slowest I saw the twitch chat was like 50k people, right now it's at 20k

Actually it got as low as 14K, after the first wipe out on VR and the grind on pokemon mansion. 

But I agree, it isn't having the same following as Red/Blue. A lot of it's magic hasn't been captured yet, there's no lord helix this time around

The problem isn't because there is a lack of originality or there isn't some sort of deity to follow. The problem is Gen 2 is too damn easy. The game's difficulty is scaled considerably since there are 16 badges this time and Feraligatr is more than enough to cruise through the game without much sweat. And this isn't Feraligatr's fault for making this too easy, it's the damn game. We had an overleveled Bird Jesus for much of Gen 1 and we still struggled. Not even the Elite 4 will pose much of a threat, with levels ranging from 40-50. Only Red is a threat, with his 70+ pokemon. Go back and try playing Gen 2, the scaling is really weird.

If we were actually struggling to do simple things like beat gym leaders, then much of the magic would create itself. The lore and narrative for Gen 1 were easier to create because it was so novel at the time. But now we already know what types of challenges lie ahead because we've already faced them before. I don't blame the community for having a harder time coming up with a narrative, since we were on our first run just a few days ago. It's hard to do so without recollecting our fond memories of the magical Gen 1 run. Even so, this run would be much better off if the game was scaled more accordingly.

I'm not sure releasing Feraligatr will make this any better. It might for the short term but in the end, the game is still a cakewalk compared to what Gen 1 was.

16 badges!

So they at Mt. Silver trying to navigate without flash.

Even then Red's team is gonna wipe the floor with what they currently got.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Looks like Red has the previous Twitch Team.

Archangel Zapados proceeds to wreck Feraligator and Pidgeot.

Yeah they are not beating this anytime soon.

O.o I'm still amazed at their pace, can't believe how much they've achieved.

Around the Network

Indeed, Johto went by quite quickly.

O wow they found a shiny larvitar.

Good time to run away.

I hear they can one shot entire teams.

Where all those shinies come from? I have never caught a single one, excluding that legendary red Gyarados.

Haven't watched the stream for many days. I wonder what's the viewer rate right now?

PS2|Wii|DS lite|3DS XL|PSP|Android

Ever since getting to Mt. Silver the viewer ship has risen steadily, we're at 17k atm.

They have only encountered 3 shinies.

Lake Rage Gyarados (which is 100%)

Mysterious Egg->Smoochum (12%)

This was the first legit shiny they ran into in the Wild.

So they are playing Emerald now. Anyone still watching?

PS2|Wii|DS lite|3DS XL|PSP|Android