By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you still think WiiU can outsell Gamecube? (US: Second January, GC: 81k Vs WiiU: 49k)

Will WiiU Beat Gamecube?

Yes 190 47.98%

No 138 34.85%

Maybe / See results 66 16.67%

Total:394
Nintentacle said:
Somini said:
I thought it will do 30 million, but now i'm not sure if it will even reach 20 million. I've never seen sales this bad, not even Vita is THIS bad.

Vita is doing worse...

In North America yes but it's doing a lot better than the WiiU in Japan. It also outsold the WiiU in 2013. 

EDIT: My bad I was looking at 2012 numbers. Still, the WiiU only barely passed the Vita with a much strong lineup of games. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:

What other realistic options are there then ? 

drop it like the gc and release a successor which sells 100+mio in 5years :p

jk ...
but maybe eating the losses and drop it down to $200 and prey

EricFabian said:

Nintendo will just find a way to patch it. Either they need to drop the gamepad or the WII U will be in an even bigger shitter. Nintendo is desparate and how they act across the months as of now will be crucial to the momentum that the WII U has left.

I agree they have to do something, but does not mean that they have to drop gamepag

release more games of course. Games people want to play. Simple like that

Click HERE and be happy 

Fusioncode said:
Nintentacle said:
Somini said:
I thought it will do 30 million, but now i'm not sure if it will even reach 20 million. I've never seen sales this bad, not even Vita is THIS bad.

Vita is doing worse...

In North America yes but it's doing a lot better than the WiiU in Japan. It also outsold the WiiU in 2013

*Bwahahaha*

The fact that vita had absolutely nothing that year just shows pathetic it's performance was ...

Fusioncode said:
Nintentacle said:
Somini said:

Vita is doing worse...

In North America yes but it's doing a lot better than the WiiU in Japan. It also outsold the WiiU in 2013. 

No...

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2013/Global/

Edit: I see your edit. My guess would have to be because there was a huge drought and that none of the games were true system sellers. This year, there's system sellers, but there's a drought when they have enough games to not have a drought...

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
EricFabian said:

Nintendo will just find a way to patch it. Either they need to drop the gamepad or the WII U will be in an even bigger shitter. Nintendo is desparate and how they act across the months as of now will be crucial to the momentum that the WII U has left.

I agree they have to do something, but does not mean that they have to drop gamepag

release more games of course. Games people want to play. Simple like that

Problem is nintendo keeps making games that people don't want ...

Pikmin 3 ? (Really ? LOL) W101 ? (Hahahaha) 

The fact that MK8 isn't releasing until late may just without any releases in between DK:TF just goes to show you they'll take an even bigger dive in momentum and at that point there will be nothing that will save the WII U unless they take drastic measures like I say.

The chances for that to happen are shrinking every day. People who think that big hitters will do anything are in for an ugly surprise: they are few and far between.

At this point on its a foregone conclusion that the WiiU will only have 1st party software to back its sales. Barely nothing will come from 3rd party devs that have any chance to push systems.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Nintentacle said:
Fusioncode said:
Nintentacle said:
Somini said:

Vita is doing worse...

No...

Edit: I see your edit. My guess would have to be because there was a huge drought and that none of the games were true system sellers. This year, there's system sellers, but there's a drought when they have enough games to not have a drought...

3D Mario is not a system seller? That's one of Nintendo's strongest franchises. If that couldn't move units then it doesn't bode well for Mario Kart and Smash Bros. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

18-19 million max.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Fusioncode said:
Nintentacle said:
Fusioncode said:
Nintentacle said:
Somini said:

Vita is doing worse...

No...

3D Mario is not a system seller? That's one of Nintendo's strongest franchises. If that couldn't move units then it doesn't bode well for Mario Kart and Smash Bros. 

MK & Smash Bros. have sold more than 3D Mario since the GameCube.