By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your reaction to the Wii U drought?

Riot Of The Blood said:
It's Nintendo. What do you expect from this company lol.

High quality games, which is exactly what they (almost) always deliver.

Around the Network
BeElite said:
Thoughts, they have given up on the WIIu and are focusing on milking the 3ds. No new games just what we already know, not a bright future i see.

Yes, this is true. Same as Sony does with the Vita: a game here and there, but mostly concentrating the efforts on platforms that bring them money.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
BeElite said:
Thoughts, they have given up on the WIIu and are focusing on milking the 3ds. No new games just what we already know, not a bright future i see.

Yes, this is true. Same as Sony does with the Vita: a game here and there, but mostly concentrating the efforts on platforms that bring them money.

Yep very similar, both barely half assing it on one platform. 

Nintendo letting you finish your backlog since 2005.

My reaction? was meh.

There is enough coming out on the dark side of consoles to keep me busy, plus dk isnt that far off either for wiiu.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Mnementh said:
BeElite said:

Are you drunk early on Friday?

Nintendo's current big games in development are first and foremost Wii U titles and the announced eShop titles were split evenly across the Wii U and 3DS. No new retail software announced for either platform as far as I remember.

You're still alive? You were so quiet the past weeks. Welcome back.

WiiU: MK8, DKTF, SSB, Bayonetta, X

3DS: Yoshis New Island, Kirby, SSB, Golf

OK, you're right, they have more to offer for WiiU. But if you add in 3rd-party the 3DS is more lively, that is probably the subjective difference.

Off topic: I hope you enjoyed the Millenium Girl announcement as much as I did. I probably watched the trailer five times. That alone gives the 3DS a MUCH better lineup than the WiiU.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

My reaction???
I just got the Mass Effect Trilogy a few weeks ago, so I've been kept busy...

Have a nice day...

Mystro-Sama said:

Sure the direct good but I thought Nintendo had learned from last year's mistake and scheduled their games properly but I guess not. There will be no games after DK for 4 months which is just abysmal honestly.

Thoughts?

I think you mean no BIG games, because that is why they dedicated a part of the Direct to indie developers to show that stuff is coming but for the eShop, also Gameboy Advance virtual console games start in April, and they announced NES Remix 2 for april. Yes, no retail games are there from Nintendo, but there are games coming out, you are also forgetting about Amazing Spiderman 2 from Activision.

I don't like to buy digital, but I still have a backlog of games to go through, I already made my march purchase and I am thinking about which game to buy for April, and to be honest I still have many options available, they may not be NEW games, but there is stuff there for me to play and I do buy 3rd party games for the console, so I don't feel the drought at all.

RolStoppable said:

Third party is irrelevant when it comes to the assertion that Nintendo is focusing on the 3DS and phoning it in for the Wii U.

Off topic: I had hoped for an earlier date than early May (European release was confirmed last year), but it's good enough.

Yes, but with third-party I got the subjective impression, Nintendo does more for 3DS. The reality is, 3rd-parties do more for 3DS. Nintendo itself gives both platforms the same attention. So I take back what I said earlier.

My thoughts? Nintendo has already abandoned Wii U development of SW and will space out their releases in a much more disgusting manner.

Meaning, that we might only see what has been announced or unannounced and in the works until now, but they will not embark on any new projects. So they will need to space their releases a lot. We could get 5 games per year, which is TERRIBLE.

They will probably support the console until Q1 2016. After that, I fear that it'll be the end of home consoles for them. And It will mean that they lose their most loyal fans forever, as a serious console cannot die in less than 4 years.

They will not waste any more money on this. If QOL is a success, we might even see Wii U go away even sooner.

I can't seem to remember a more terrible drought than this one. Third parties are already gone and they won't come back. Investors will push for the death of the console. Wii U owners will never buy another home console from Nintendo at launch. Sad to see Nintendo sink, but stubborn companies deserve this. Annoyed because people who put their trust and money on them have been lied to and scammed.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies