By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If you loved Bayontta how can you not buy a WiiU for Bayonetta 2 ? IT LOOKS AMAZING !

I will buy a WiiU for Bayonetta 2 43 11.35%

I already have a WiiU for Bayonetta 2 50 13.19%

I already have a WiiU but... 151 39.84%

I do not like Bayonetta 40 10.55%

I will NOT buy a WiiU for Bayonetta 2 82 21.64%

... 12 3.17%

Total:378
Areym said:
curl-6 said:
Areym said:
You can't just make a game for the HD consoles then make the sequel exclusively for the Wii U.

Why not?

Final Fantasy went from Nintendo systems to Sony systems.

Monster Hunter went from Sony systems to Nintendo systems.

Banjo Kazooie and Perfect Dark went from Nintendo to Microsoft.

Franchises shift platforms all the time.

I think it's a big diservice to the fans. Sure, things happen, people get bought and franchises shift but I can't help but think Bayonetta 2 would perform so much better if it was all multiplat. 

And FF and Monster Hunter still make appearance on previous consoles, with bayonetta 2, there isn't a chance in hell that it will go multiplat, leaving out many fans without a Wii U to sulk. I mean, just look at this poll. It looks like nintendo fans don't care very much for it.

no it wouldnt, because it wouldnt be made. nintendo didnt buyed an exclusiv, they pushed hard for bayo2 when nobody was willing to give Platinum Games money for this game.  they saved it, and any fan should be glad that they did it, even if its an wii u exclusiv now.

Around the Network
Areym said:
curl-6 said:
Areym said:
curl-6 said:
Areym said:
You can't just make a game for the HD consoles then make the sequel exclusively for the Wii U.

Why not?

I think it's a big diservice to the fans. Sure, things happen, people get bought and franchises shift but I can't help but think Bayonetta 2 would perform so much better if it was all multiplat. 

And FF and Monster Hunter still make appearance on previous consoles, with bayonetta 2, there isn't a chance in hell that it will go multiplat, leaving out many fans without a Wii U to sulk. I mean, just look at this poll. It looks like nintendo fans don't care very much for it.

If they were real fans, they'd buy the system. It's not like Bayo 2 is the only game on Wii U.

And again, how is it any more a "disservice" than Final Fantasy leaving Nintendo for Playstation? Franchises shift all the time, its the way of the industry, has been for decades.

You can't expect a person with little to no past nintendo purchases to just up and buy the Wii U for a bayonetta 2, which honestly is not exactly a must have for any console either way and technically, FF never left Nintendo completely. Besides, nintendo fans have a long list of possible FF games they can play while bayonetta fans won't be getting much of anything for the upcoming future. 

I really really doubt bayonetta are interested in anything nintendo has to offer and nintendo fans being interest in bayonetta at all.

Their choice; Bayo 2 is there and available for them if they really want it.

And it's a mistake to assume gamers can't like both Bayonetta and Nintendo's offerings. Most gamers are not that black and white.

BxN said:
because i'm not gonna pay 300$ to play a last gen game.

You can clearly see that it's a game beyond the capabilities of the PS3 and 360 hardware to reproduce. Everything we've seen so far has been a noticeable step ahead of anything we've seen on those consoles - higher poly models, 720p native resolution, better quality textures, steady 60fps and v-synch enabled.

All you need to do is compare both Gomorrah boss fights to see that there's a huge difference between Bayonetta 1 on the PS3/360 and Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U

Bayonetta 2 is one of the few reasons I bought a WiiU, but I wonder if it will have good sales.

A sequel for a game which was on no Nintendo platform... Mass Effect 3 and Darksiders 2 weren't that successful. Perhaps Nintendo should have ported "Bayonetta 1: Definitive Edition" first (by another team to not delay the progression of Part 2).

Probably cause Beyonatta's single pair of godly tits is not enough as the combined pairs in Smash Bros

In other words, not as big of a game as games like Smash Bros and etc even though it looks great

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
There is a thing called morals, and we all abide to them. If the game was "money hatted", you can't buy the game.

How did Nintendo "Money Hat" this game?

I have a Wii U but will not get Bayonetta 2. Never really liked the first one (I bought it second hand for the PS3 not that long ago). Not really a fan of the slasher although I did enjoy God Of War but that was less confusion on the screen IMO.

Hope Wii U owners (and potential owners) snap it up though. Even if they didn't play or love the first installment

Anfebious said:
There is a thing called morals, and we all abide to them. If the game was "money hatted", you can't buy the game.

Nothing immoral about saving a game from being scrapped. Without Nintendo there wouldn't be a Bayonetta 2. Fans should thank them.

Areym said:
curl-6 said:
Areym said:
curl-6 said:
Areym said:

Why not?

If they were real fans, they'd buy the system. It's not like Bayo 2 is the only game on Wii U.

And again, how is it any more a "disservice" than Final Fantasy leaving Nintendo for Playstation? Franchises shift all the time, its the way of the industry, has been for decades.

You can't expect a person with little to no past nintendo purchases to just up and buy the Wii U for a bayonetta 2, which honestly is not exactly a must have for any console either way and technically, FF never left Nintendo completely. Besides, nintendo fans have a long list of possible FF games they can play while bayonetta fans won't be getting much of anything for the upcoming future. 

I really really doubt bayonetta are interested in anything nintendo has to offer and nintendo fans being interest in bayonetta at all.

Platinum games said they are interested in becoming a Nintendo second-party developer, so you can expect their games to be on Ninty's platform

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/29/platinum-games-expresses-desire-for-wonderful-101-sequel

Areym said:
The voice acting was pretty awful and to answer the question, probably because it is on the Wii U. You can't just make a game for the HD consoles then make the sequel exclusively for the Wii U. I am aware of the situation that occured during development but still.

As a Wii U owner, i get constantly teased about the games that aren't coming to my console. Well all i have to say on this occasion is "na na na na naaaaa" :D