By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall Beta Feedback / Impressions thread - Update Im in and playing! 11 Minute complete multiplayer vid added!

starcraft said:
hinch said:
Slimebeast said:
starcraft said:
Slimebeast said:
How many maps are in the beta? Just one or several?

As far as I can tell, 2.  It seems to just about alternate between them.

There are a tonne of unlock options and just more playstyles than I can comprehend right now.

I just made it to level 14 (highest available level in the Beta) after several hours at it. 

Just. Too. Much. Fun.

I'm just amazed of how positive everyone is about it. And I'm especially amazed how it can draw in and entertain people so quickly?

Well, from all the video's I've seen the gameplay TF is very easy to pick up. Its like the game is designed to give players instant gratification. Fast gameplay, auto aim (hell there's even the smart-pistol that does the work for you), low recoil, low health/high damage weapons (low TTK), brainless bots scatted everywhere for everyone, including people who are normally rubbish at FPS games - even if they can't get normal player kills in the game.

Low skill level entry point, familiar feel/controls, easily assessible and instagib weapons to make people feel powerful, whats there not to like.

TL:DR: Call of Duty 2.0, only now more accessible.

People need to stop saying this.

It has guns, thats where the COD comparison ends.

I'm calling it an evolution of COD. Not Calling the game COD.

Around the Network

I got the code for beta yesterday. Downloded the biggest demo/beta ever (13 gigs i believe) and then no serves to play it on. Played 2-3 games this morning after doing the training mode. Most of the stuff is quite intuitive and the game is really fast paced. Quite fun i'd say. I had framerate drops but that could be due to my hardware too.

Biggest problem right now is the servers. Keep on getting those messages on screen even in the middle of the match.

I'll be giving my full impression of the game (beta) later today. I wanted to put in some time before I came to any opinions. It'll be lengthy so I hope you guys don't mind reading.

Also got in the beta on PC, so much fun!

I was in a match earlier and spawned in my Titan. Dashed over to the B point in Domination, remembering 2 enemy Titans there earlier. I dash in and start fighting, eventually taking one out, but then another appears and I have lost too much health to take 2 more out. I almost get the other one from the first two down but then I enter "doom mode" or whatever it is and am auto ejected. But I time the double jump perfectly to rodeo the third Titan with a lot of health, and wipe him out. I eject off high into the air, and turns out the second Titan had been finished off by someone else and his pilot ejected out too, and we almost collide in midair a hundred feet up, where he shotguns me. Just an amazing sequence and clearly just like Call of Duty.

Around the Network

Just got in the beta, I'll post my opinions later after I've played for a while.

I'm loving the beta. Graphics suck even with everything maxed out, but it's just a fun game. Level 8 right now.

Just got my beta code, I'm at 13% installing so far, I am Hyped.....no sleep tonight I can see.

EDIT: Man I was saying this was awesone from they put me in a titan in training. 

Gamertag is tootalls. get at me!

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Its fun and cool but way overhyped.

Plays good but I'm failing to see what i should wet my panties over like some.

Graphics are mediocre but it does not overly matter, does not affect game negatively.

Titas are cool but noting revolutionary, great addition separates it form being just another shooter.

Best feature is the jump wall running, you feel very free in this game.

Balance between pilot and titan combat works, you don't feel over or underpowered at all.

reallllllllyy make sme wish it had Single player, man will be so awesome if T2 has it.

Yea, a single player would have been awesome.

The graphics don't matter at all. the action never stops long enough to marvel over how pretty things are.

I can easily see why they maxed out at 6 v 6, Any more seems like i'd be hard to pull off.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)