By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall Beta Feedback / Impressions thread - Update Im in and playing! 11 Minute complete multiplayer vid added!

Damn I suck pretty bad when looking at my post game stats but holy shit it's not something I even notice when I'm playing.

Is there a definitive word on when it ends?

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
Raven722 said:
BigT said:
Raven722 said:
BigT said:
yo_john117 said:

Those graphics aren't that bad on the PC honestly. Obviously nothing to write home about but they definitely look like a step up from gen 7 consoles.

But yeah, FPS fans really are in for a treat. I don't really see any reasons why this won't have exceptional word of mouth. I think the game could honestly sell 5-6 million on the X1 since I'm guessing the legs are going to be really good.

Have you noticed a jump in pre-orders since the bet

that would be a miracle concidering there are only 3 mil Xbox 1's sold. Are you saying that this game will sell 3 mil more Xbox 1's? lol
Or everbody will just buy two copies. possible smh

I think he was referring to lifetime sales on the X1. So he thinks it could easily sell 5 to 6 million over the next five or more years.

So even after titanfall 2 and 3 have been released people will still be buying this outdated game? OK

Think about it. Is a sequel going to be out in less than 2 years? Probably not. Assuming that Titanfall 2 doesn't release until 2016, that's plenty of time for Titanfall to generate significant sales on a platform. Yes, people will still buy the original after the sequels release though obviously not nearly in the same quantity as they would if the game was more than just multiplayer. Between the first two years of sales and then the trickle of copies that will still sell for years after, it's entirely possible for a game that has not only received this much hype but is also, from what I've played of the beta, a lot of fun. I'm not saying I agree with the 6 million sold. I'm saying it's possible and that he was NOT saying the game would sell that many so soon.

I agree. I was just reminding him that in order to sell that many there has to be that many in your user base. I sometimes think that people dont realize that there r only 3 mil xbox1's (and is assuming that every xbox1 owner would buy a copy which will not happen) and selling 80k more consoles a week will take a long time to create that userbase. Now if he would of said all platforms i could definitly see that.

Just my opinion but when the next cod or bf drops people will migrate towards them.

Early viewpoints from playing the game (giant wall of text follows sorry. I fully understand others may have a different take from the game. This is just mine and I try to point out certain things that personally give me a positive or negative view on it.):

Well documented problem of AI with the bots. Besides being dumb I feel its pretty tough to distinguish from a distance between the bot types and even between bots and players at times. Personally I would prefer no bots and higher player counts, but as thats not likely they need a good boost in smarts. As of now they really drag the gameplay down, and make it look/feel repetitive and boring at times. You can literally run into a room of 5-6 of them and go one-by-one melee (they die in one melee strike) and suffer very little damage in the process. Also the scoring system needs tweaked. I feel pilots/titans should be worth more as I have seen people bot-farming in games and scoring too well.

Graphics: Good, but nothing amazing or overly impressive. I expected a little better I suppose. Some cool animations, and some under executed ones. The one that still drives me crazy in many games is the being shot from the back and die backwards or vice-versa occurs a little too much here. Was also hoping for a little bit of destructible environment, but so far I have not seen any.

Frame-rate: Only a few minor hiccups which is typical of a beta. Noticeable when it happens, but I've seen worse in betas. Hopefully clean by final build.

Recoil: Virtually little to no recoil on the guns. Everyone has their own opinion on this, for me personally its a pretty big buzzkill. Kinda cheapens the combat for me and makes it too easy.

Weapon balance: No major complaints. The usual shotgun in close prox. is strong, but as expected (people will still complain). The smart pistol I cannot decide if I like or hate it. Its overly strong, but the balance is you are pretty weak and will lose most head-on 1v1 with it. But the already easy bots are even dumber with this, and there are times where it takes no skill to kill another player with it.

Invisibility suit: Besides the bots probably my second biggest complaint of the game. Me personally I hate them in FPS games, and from my experience so far it is no exception now. Its just leads to bad gameplay in my opinion. With invis, the AI bots, and no recoil I see the pro crowd not gravitating towards this game as they may view it as more of an arcade style game and not a professional style.

Titan balance: Did not seem too strong to me. Possible perks up the lvls may improve on this, and there are other titan classes not played. But so far they seem almost too easy to be killed in. Would have liked to see more options such as a mech support or whatnot to add more strategies.

Overall: Good game, nothing great so far. No doubt provides some fun and cool moments. In my opinion there are some major design aspects the devs took that I personally think are missteps, but are unlikely to change. Game I feel I would probably purchase, maybe not day 1, to kill some hours here and there for some fun. I do not envision myself being highly involved or doing long playtimes as the gameplay gets stale after a few hours to me. I know they wanted to focus on multiplayer to make it shine, but the lack of story is another downfall to me personally. Hopefully they have stuff in the final build or from web sources to try and fill that in, but it really leaves you sorta disconnected from the action and not understanding why this is what it is.

I'd say like a 7.5 / 10 for the beta thus far. I will see how the final build shakes out.

I'm noticing that at least while in motion, the bots aren't as hard to pick out, human pilots are all over the place. I play it safe and just usually shoot everything. I think if they want to keep them dumb then that's fine but it would be nice if their difficulty increased a lot when you engage them.

Oh and just in case I'm not the only noob that didn't know:

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

toadslayer72 said:
I'm noticing that at least while in motion, the bots aren't as hard to pick out, human pilots are all over the place. I play it safe and just usually shoot everything. I think if they want to keep them dumb then that's fine but it would be nice if their difficulty increased a lot when you engage them.

Oh and just in case I'm not the only noob that didn't know:

I thought it got hacked

Around the Network

^Shit, maybe, I'm out of the loop. I really just wanna know when it's over.

I loove the pilot movement, we finally seem to be feeling the aftershocks of Mirror's Edge's impact on the industry. That said, the actual combat scenario isn't for me. Small arena with a handful of pilots flying around and 3 or 4 titans at all times..I got tired of it quickly. Take that movement system and the mechs and put them in a sequel with some more scope and variety to the combat and I'll be there.

Sal.Paradise said:
I loove the pilot movement, we finally seem to be feeling the aftershocks of Mirror's Edge's impact on the industry. That said, the actual combat scenario isn't for me. Small arena with a handful of pilots flying around and 3 or 4 titans at all times..I got tired of it quickly. Take that movement system and the mechs and put them in a sequel with some more scope and variety to the combat and I'll be there.

Someone said there might be a pilot only game type.

Anyways, I was playing last night and just listening to a mini conversation that went like this:

guy one: "whens this game coming out man this shit is awesome"

guy two: "I don't know man but it needs to come out like today"

guy one: "I know what you mean, this is the best thing i've ever played man"

guy two: "yeah"

generally listening to them they didn't seem too informed about titanfall in general and were just playing it because the free download showed up on the dash. From what I'm heaing tthis beta is selling more units than it is turning people off.

Edit: not to mention that was post game after we got destroyed like 100 to 250 in atrition.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

So apparently the beta is over :(

Greatest beta ever though? Seems so. Somehow it made me even more hyped for the final release.