By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall Beta Feedback / Impressions thread - Update Im in and playing! 11 Minute complete multiplayer vid added!

Titanfall PC Beta Max Settings with 16x Anti Aliasing

Around the Network

Oh and I remember some talks about no wall bullet penetration being a problem.

It's not, for one thing the futuristic walls don't look like bullets should be able to go through them aside from that I'ts not something that you really think about while playing.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Too_Talls said:
Oh and I remember some talks about no wall bullet penetration being a problem.

It's not, for one thing the futuristic walls don't look like bullets should be able to go through them aside from that I'ts not something that you really think about while playing.

That was just people trying to downplay the game for stupid reasons.

after playing it some more I came to realize that it is a good game. is it a very good game? I don't know, maybe ,right now with only 2 maps and 3 game modes for me the game has some problems
first of all the bots. they are dumb, and most of the time it feels like you are only playing against bots, sometimes I wonder where the real players are until you realize , that they are in their titans or run around like mad men to find grunts to reduce the time till titanfall
and that is the next problem
when the round starts you rush as fast as you can to where your enemies are and try to kill as much grunts as possible to reduce your time till titanfall. when you have your titan most of the other players will have theirs too or are close to titanfall. from this point on, after about 3 minutes, the battlefield is just a sea of bullets and the only stages/scenarios in the game are killing bots and killing huge robots till your next titanfall. It always felt like run run run kill kill kill
so while it is a fun game for a couple of hours, for me it is definitly not the killer app that would convince me to buy a xbox one or even buy or upgrade a pc for

mr_capello said:

after playing it some more I came to realize that it is a good game. is it a very good game? I don't know, maybe ,right now with only 2 maps and 3 game modes for me the game has some problems
first of all the bots. they are dumb, and most of the time it feels like you are only playing against bots, sometimes I wonder where the real players are until you realize , that they are in their titans or run around like mad men to find grunts to reduce the time till titanfall
when the round starts you rush as fast as you can to where your enemies are and try to kill as much grunts as possible to reduce your time till titanfall. when you have your titan most of the other players will have theirs too or are close to titanfall. from this point on, after about 3 minutes, the battlefield is just a sea of bullets and the only stages/scenarios in the game are killing bots and killing huge robots till your next titanfall. It always felt like run run run kill kill kill
so while it is a fun game for a couple of hours, for me it is definitly not the killer app that would convince me to buy a xbox one or even buy or upgrade a pc for

So are you saying no pilots are dying at all? 

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
mr_capello said:

I think he does not knows grunts are for players who don't have skill and want a titan. I playedd the game on pc most and I usually encounter a pilot after every few seconds but he raises few valid points that their are times when people run to kill bots and their are no pilots because everybody is in titan. But there should be mode without grunts only humans and the player count should be 8vs8 or 9vs9 because 6vs6 without grunts is going to be very slow. We should not forget when most people are in titans grunts help maintain the fast paced nature of the game and then you suddenly encounter a pilot action begins 

Just played PC beta, sure was alot of fun, but i dont like the kicking, i know all games have melle kills but they seem to over powered.

The textures even on max are awful, and there is no way they are final so no need to worry there.

Looking forward to full game now.

Xenostar said:
Just played PC beta, sure was alot of fun, but i dont like the kicking, i know all games have melle kills but they seem to over powered.

The textures even on max are awful, and there is no way they are final so no need to worry there.

Looking forward to full game now.

Looks like you enjoyed the game. It is nice to see even ps fans love this game because at the end of the day we all are gamers.

BenVTrigger said:

Titanfall PC Beta Max Settings with 16x Anti Aliasing

Those graphics aren't that bad on the PC honestly. Obviously nothing to write home about but they definitely look like a step up from gen 7 consoles.

But yeah, FPS fans really are in for a treat. I don't really see any reasons why this won't have exceptional word of mouth. I think the game could honestly sell 5-6 million on the X1 since I'm guessing the legs are going to be really good.

Have you noticed a jump in pre-orders since the beta?

FrontlineJaguar said:
jlmurph2 said:
mr_capello said:

I think he does not knows grunts are for players who don't have skill and want a titan. I playedd the game on pc most and I usually encounter a pilot after every few seconds but he raises few valid points that their are times when people run to kill bots and their are no pilots because everybody is in titan. But there should be mode without grunts only humans and the player count should be 8vs8 or 9vs9 because 6vs6 without grunts is going to be very slow. We should not forget when most people are in titans grunts help maintain the fast paced nature of the game and then you suddenly encounter a pilot action begins 

sure there are pilots dying. first blood is always a pilot because players move way faster but after about a minute those shuttles will land and if you see a pot full with bots coming down you'll take it. you would be stupid not to. easy time taken of your titanfall and 3 pts added to your attrition score.

I wouldn't say that I'm the most skilled player  but I'm often in the top 3. when you look at the scoreboard you realize that you have killed about 3 to 4 times more minions than pilots and only died 3 times and then the battle is over. when you on foot it just rarely feels like you are in battle with a human player. and that is why I think it will get boring way faster than cod or battlefield or any other multiplayer mode.

don't get me wrong it is a solid game. they do a lot of cool stuff

I like the epiloge idea  and also those cards are a nice idea

but in the end I still don't understand the hype