By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - DF: TitanFall Beta Analysis (792p,~60fps)

have we any confirmation on actual textures in comparison to alpha build, it was claimed only 25% was used?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
lukeroux said:
If it's all about gameplay and not the graphix, 1080p, 60fps. Why do we ever bother with the current(new) generation of consoles. PS3 and X360 would do just fine gameplay wise.

Very strong denial from Xbox One owners.

Thank you for pointing out how resolution/fps > gameplay/graphics (you know textures and all that).
So basically if a game is showing a big red rectangle in 1080p at 60 FPS, it is better than a game like Crysis running in 720p/30FPS on Xbox One. Have fun with your rectangle on your PS3/Xbox360 then...

Dumbest comment ever...

You didn't understand me. All I was saying: when you have xbox one you get games with great gameplay and very good graphics. With ps3/x360 you get great gameplay and slightly worse graphics and similar resolution. PS4 gives you games with great gameplay and great graphics.

J_Allard said:
BMaker11 said:
J_Allard said:
BMaker11 said:

lol..."myth"

It's only a myth to you if:

A. You haven't been here very long

B. You read the forums selectively all these years and thus didn't see it

C. Zeus, Apollo, Poseidon, etc. are real

D. None of the above

pick one.

I guess D? Since it didn't really happen and is just a silly excuse people like to use.

If that D stands for "denial", then sure

I don't think denial is strong enough, I think you should go with delusions. After all, that's what these claims of same treatment are. Feel free to continue discussing it, I've said all I need to say on it.

If you think that VGC was some utopian forum before, then yes, maybe delusion is the word. I don't know how long you were lurking before, but your profile says you joined in 2012. I've been around since mid 2007 and joined in early 2008. And it was ugly for PS fans. I even just did a random web archive of this site for mid 2008 and right on the "Hot Topics" sections was a thread about how KZ2 was generic and won't live up to the hype, right alongside another thread about how the PS3 version of GTAIV was worse and the 360 version was "definitive" (due to the episodic content).

You can pretend that it was all candy and rainbows, but to sit and deny statements from people who have been on this site longer than you and to ignore the consensus of many posters saying things like "shoe is on the other foot now", "they can dish it out but can't take it", "now you know how it felt last gen", etc....people aren't just fabricating memories and emotions. If it never happened before, a plethora of people wouldn't have the thought in their head that "the roles have reversed"

You can pretend that you've dropped the mic after saying something really compelling (feel free to keep discussing, I've said all I need to say), but you're really just cutting and running from the fact that you are demonstrably wrong in this particular assertion

Since the dev says "frame rate is king" and its struggling to hold 60fps at 792P, they should shoot for 768P. At least that an actual resolution that used to be used in some of the first HDTV. ;)

Better than 720p.....

All I have seen about the frame rate is that it drops when entering Titans. But DF didn't say by how much and even said you won't even notice in most situations.

I don't think any of the CoD games really held a true constant 60fps either, but were almost always at 54+.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Captain_Tom said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Isn't the complaint that many 8th gen games look like last gen games?

The most significant difference we're seeing in graphics are often resolution, textures, frame rate, lighting effects, less pop up, etc.

If you lower the visual quality, most 8th gen games can easily be on PS3 or 360.

No.  Killzone, InFamous, BF4, AC4, and even Ryse look leagues better than last gen.  

I repeat, "most significant difference we're seeing in graphics are often resolution, textures, frame rate, lighting effects, less pop up, etc."

AC4 does not look much different on 8th gen and still runs at 30 fps. I've played BF4 thoroughly on PS3 and X1, the biggest differences are noted above.

All the exclusives you mentioned could get decent ports on 7th gen consoles. BF4 is proof of that, they just wouldn't look as polished.

Your entitled to your opinion bud, but no lol:

-Killzone Shadow Fall is 60FPS in 1080p with way more automated companion bots.  It looks WAY better than Killzone 3.  Is it because of Textures, Resolution, framerate, and particle effects?  DUH!  What else could be measured?  

-BF4 is insanily more detailed in the ways I just mentioned, AND it is 64 player vs 24.  That is a crazy huge difference.  It would be like saying BF2 on PS2 was as good as the PC version.  Not.  Even.  Close.

-AC4's viewdistance is magnitudes longer, and again all of the other stuff (The framerate is still a more consistant 30).

Do you own a PS4 or enthusiast PC?

Solid-Stark said:
Guys, this still counts as a launch game. I wouldn't call it a hardware defining game. Although the fact that this is Source doesn't help it.

Source can look absolutily stunning.  Play portal 2 maxed out on PC...

Captain_Tom said:
Solid-Stark said:
Guys, this still counts as a launch game. I wouldn't call it a hardware defining game. Although the fact that this is Source doesn't help it.

Source can look absolutily stunning.  Play portal 2 maxed out on PC...

I have! on 1080p/60fps on my old 550Ti. My point wasn't Source not visually stunning, but that XOne can't run it maxed per se. Maybe 'without loss of generality'doesn't apply here since someone pointed out it can be a major overhauled Source. I would hope so.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Captain_Tom said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I repeat, "most significant difference we're seeing in graphics are often resolution, textures, frame rate, lighting effects, less pop up, etc."

AC4 does not look much different on 8th gen and still runs at 30 fps. I've played BF4 thoroughly on PS3 and X1, the biggest differences are noted above.

All the exclusives you mentioned could get decent ports on 7th gen consoles. BF4 is proof of that, they just wouldn't look as polished.

-Killzone Shadow Fall is 60FPS in 1080p with way more automated companion bots.  It looks WAY better than Killzone 3.  Is it because of Textures, Resolution, framerate, and particle effects?  DUH!  What else could be measured?  

-BF4 is insanily more detailed in the ways I just mentioned, AND it is 64 player vs 24.  That is a crazy huge difference.  It would be like saying BF2 on PS2 was as good as the PC version.  Not.  Even.  Close.

-AC4's viewdistance is magnitudes longer, and again all of the other stuff (The framerate is still a more consistant 30).

"DUH!  What else could be measured?"

And that's the thing, you originally said Titanfall looks like a last gen game. However, the 360 version will not look as polished. The X1 version will likely have the smoother frame rate, sharper textures, better lighting, less pop up, etc.

No, I don't own a PS4 and my PC isn't great. Not that it matters.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Captain_Tom said:
Mr Puggsly said:

"DUH!  What else could be measured?"

And that's the thing, you originally said Titanfall looks like a last gen game. However, the 360 version will not look as polished. The X1 version will likely have the smoother frame rate, sharper textures, better lighting, less pop up, etc.

No, I don't own a PS4 and my PC isn't great. Not that it matters.

Except Titanfall has low textures, resolution, player count, nearly no physics or particle effects, and the framerate can't even keep a solid 60.  See the difference?

So you don't have a PS4 or powerful gaming PC.  So you don't even know the difference.  Hey I'm sure that gif in your signiture makes you feel better about yourself though!