By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would Uncharted 4 be as good without Nathan Drake?

Do you wan't Nathan Drake in Uncharted PS4?

Yes, keep him as the main character. 47 59.49%

No, they should have someone else. 14 17.72%

I don't care either way. 17 21.52%

Total:78

There's some speculation that the game could be set in the past with Francis Drake. I really don't think it'd as good if Nathan Drake wasn't in it, you also wouldn't have Sully or Elanor, both great characters you don't often get in video games. All the Uncharted games are good anyway but if it wasn't for Drake and his humour and his relationships with Sully and Elanor that you don't get to see in many games then I don't think the series would be anywhere as popular. It's a similar thing with Solid Snake, the Metal Gear games are fantastic but Snake is one of the main reasons why and MGS2 just wasn't the same playing as Raiden. Big Boss was pretty similar so wasn't really an issue. The new character could end up good all the same but Nathan Drake is the star he's Indiana Jones meets John Mclane and I wouldn't wanna see a Indiana Jones film without Indy in it for the same reason. I also wouldn't wan't to see Kratos replaced. Cole from Infamous I have no problem with because he wasn't that great to begin with. Thoughts?

Around the Network

Wouldn't it be better to make a brand new IP by that point?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I don't know, Metal Gear Solid worked just as well with Big Boss instead of Solid Snake. If they do use Francis Drake then I'm sure he will be a very similar character to Nathan Drake. Probably even have the same voice actor.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Depends on the new one. Drake fits the games' style perfectly though; a new character will inevitably be compared to him so they would either need to replicate Drake in some form or simply make a character that was widely different, thus creating a person who wouldn't fit the style as well.
I think replacing Drake would be a huge mistake, he's one of my favorite characters from the 7th gen.

I would be heart broken.

Around the Network

Thread title and poll asking opposite questions.

Anyway, I hope Drake is in this game. He's a very strong character, it wouldn't be the same without him.

Fusioncode said:
I don't know, Metal Gear Solid worked just as well with Big Boss instead of Solid Snake. If they do use Francis Drake then I'm sure he will be a very similar character to Nathan Drake. Probably even have the same voice actor.

Sure, it also worked well with Raiden instead of Solid Snake, right?

Wright said:
Fusioncode said:

Well that's if they COMPLETELY change characters. Like create someone totally different. I'm thinking a new Drake would very similar to the current Drake. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Age him so hes the Sully of the new Uncharted.

Fusioncode said:
Wright said:
Fusioncode said:

Well that's if they COMPLETELY change characters. Like create someone totally different. I'm thinking a new Drake would very similar to the current Drake. 

If people wasn't too busy criticising Raiden's look, you'd realize he's almost the same as rookie Snake from Shadow Moses. Minus the Rose Codec convos.