By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would Uncharted 4 be as good without Nathan Drake?

Do you wan't Nathan Drake in Uncharted PS4?

Yes, keep him as the main character. 47 59.49%

No, they should have someone else. 14 17.72%

I don't care either way. 17 21.52%

Total:78

I love uncharted and Drake however i would be more interested in the game if they decided to feature a new character. Honestly it depends on how they deliver this new character. He/she cant be too similar or why replace him at all (cough* Nero in DMC4) and he/she cant be to different because then they will alienate the target audience.

i find gamers are super afraid of change however i welcome it. Change can either crash and burn or stand out and rise.
Either way we havent seen much from the game but what ever it is, it all depends on how they deliver there choice.....but since its naughty dog i dont think much of us question what they do.

The saw a comment about raiden. If you get past him being annoying and not being snake he's actually a really solid character (no pun intended) I actually hate what they did with him in Rising. He was once a rich character but now a 2 dimensional anime character.

Around the Network
shinsa said:

The saw a comment about raiden. If you get past him being annoying and not being snake he's actually a really solid character (no pun intended) I actually hate what they did with him in Rising. He was once a rich character but now a 2 dimensional anime character.

Completely agree with everything said here.

Absolutely not. The Uncharted franchise is centered around Drake, it would make no sense for an Uncharted game not to have Nathan Drake in it because then it wont be an Uncharted game.

Like Jizz Beard said they might as well just start a new IP if Drake isn't in.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

The only time Uncharted would be good without Drake is if Sully was the lead.

Drake is awesome, but I like Sully better than Drake.  Though compared to Drake, Sully isn't as knowledgeable abouteverything, so he wouldn't be as good of a lead maybe.

It's naughty dog................so yes. They do characters, story better then anyone.

Around the Network

I think its kinda hard to keep going with Nathan cause his story went full circle, what else would they do with the character at this point. it would be almost like creating a new IP using a new lead character, but they get to keep the brand wich gives then some sales boost, its a nice way to change the game, kinda create a new IP whithout realy creating one.

Yes, it would be terrible without him. He makes the games great.

Top 10 Games of All Time

1. The Last of Us, 2. Journey, 3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, 4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, 5. Bioshock Infinite, 6. Zelda: Twilight Princess, 7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 9. Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, 10. Starcraft

Add me on PSN. Thanks.

Fusioncode said:
I don't know, Metal Gear Solid worked just as well with Big Boss instead of Solid Snake. If they do use Francis Drake then I'm sure he will be a very similar character to Nathan Drake. Probably even have the same voice actor.

Well, it was heavily implied in uncharted 3 that Nate is not related to Francis at all. He simply took up that name for reasons that elude me at the moment, so it would not make sense for them to have extremely similar personalities.

OT: The game would not be the same.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Its ND..after UC2, UC3, The Last of Us..whatever they make for a home console whatever they do will be certified goal.