By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Best RPG of 2007 gets even better

Stores get The Witcher Enhanced Edition.  

"CD Projekt RED is pleased to announce that in May of this year, a new and improved version of The Witcher will appear in stores, a game already considered by many players and media to be the best PC RPG of 2007!"

List of Changes and Additions:

"Mod: "The Price of Neutrality"

Number of Quests: 3 (1 main quest, 2 side quests)

Overview:

• Completely new adventure featuring Geralt and an intriguing new story.
  • Placed in the surroundings of the Kaer Morhen stronghold, in a location not used in The Witcher storyline.
  • New graphic assets: 2 NPCs models, one tent model, 2 new erotic cards, 2 new flashbacks.

Concept: Geralt comes back to Kaer Morhen for winter. He finds a small camp near the stronghold where he meets a nobleman and a sorceress, Sabrina Glevissig. They came here to find Deidre, a young woman, who is staying in the witchers’ stronghold. She is Eskel’s surprise child, born under the Black Sun (an ancient prophecy says that such children would ruin the World. It turns out that the nobleman is her brother and is intent on keeping her from the crown. Sorceress Sabrina wants to kill Deidre and examine her body to find out the truth about Black Sun curse. Geralt has to decide to whether defend the girl or stay neutral.

Mod: "Side Effects"

Number of Quests: 5

Overview:

• Simple, yet amusing gameplay-oriented storyline.
  • Several ways to complete the MOD.
  • Shows how to create adventures exploiting various gameplay features.

Concept: Geralt’s good friend, Dandelion, gets into trouble in Vizima. Geralt has to collect a certain amount of money to bail him out and pay for his excesses. He collects the money by completing various tasks. Player can join the effects of one task with another. For example, in a fistfight competition he can win cash or a bottle of alcohol. If he chooses to take the booze, he can use it to get one bandit drunk. Then he will give Geralt a key to a chest with loot. The mood of the story is similar to Dandelion’s incidents with Vespula and Bibervelt’s economics in the books of Andrzej Sapkowski.

D'Jinni Mod Editor

Overview:

• It allows user to make their own adventures in The Witcher world.
  • It does not allow user to modify game itself.

New In-Game Features

Code Features:

• Improved inventory:
    • Filtering of alchemy ingredients by content
    • Auto-sorting of items in satchel
    • Special slot area for sorting alchemy ingredients in satchel
  • Auto-save option (on/off).
  • Character differentiation mechanism (effectively generating approximately 50 new character appearances).
  • Look-at feature (characters look at Geralt, deepening player immersion).
  • Auto-looting of containers (player may collect all contents of a container without opening the container panel).

Graphic Features:

• 100 new gesture animations in dialogue and cut-scenes, giving conversations with NPCs a more natural feel.
  • Improved facial expressions.

Corrections

Code Fixes:

• Corrected English translation and voice work (over 5000 dialogue lines re-written and re-recorded)
  • Corrected German translation and voice work
  • Loading times reduced by 80%
  • Improved game stability
  • Improved combat responsiveness.
  • Improved AI for Dice Poker mini-game
  • Improved weather settings for locations
  • Vitality indicator problem resolved (did not display at times)
  • Inventory and map texture caching (accelerated map and inventory load/display)
  • All corrections contained in game patches released to date

Graphic Fixes:

• Animation improvements:
    • Draw/sheath sword animation accelerated.
    • Greater clarity of “sequence failed” animation.
  • Improved character model for Triss Merigold.
  • The Witcher Enhanced Edition is released May 16th. Enhanced Edition content will begin to appear online for existing Witcher owners as early as March 14th."

So basically it fixes The Witcher's only 2 significant problems (loading time and english translation) and some others, then adds a ton of new awesome content. CDprojekt is now one of my favorite developers

Around the Network

I never have heard about this game..

It really wasn't that good of a game. The only appeal was you got to have sex with chicks and then naked playing cards of them.

Never heard of it but like twesterm said "It really wasn't that good of a game" then i shall assume that it must not be a good game.
    I might try it out anyway though....
    if i have nothing to do...

oh wait i will have something to do...
    post of vgchartz

Never heard of it at all, I thought that the best RPG of 2007 was either FF XII (in Europe), Persona 3, Mass Effect or Eternal Sonata

Around the Network
    twesterm said:
    It really wasn't that good of a game. The only appeal was you got to have sex with chicks and then naked playing cards of them.
    maybe it wasn't your cup of tea, but I'm betting many people who played both Mass Effect and The Witcher have in the latter in higher regards, atleast according to metacritics: 8.7 for Mass Effect and 9.4 for The Witcher (ofcourse this doesn't mean anything)

awww....I thought they were going to send the longer version of Persona 3 Stateside....... ; ;

damn you misleading title.....damn you

edit: ohh...this is in PC discussion....that's what I get for using the hot topic thing at the site main page.....my bad....please carry on. 

Yeah, the Witcher did look pretty cool...even if it was a bit too mumorpagerish hehe. I think I'll wait til May to buy it then, since the updated game will be best.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
    Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Pokemon couldn't get any better unless they made a true Pokemon RPG for the Wii.

Nintendo still doomed?
    Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
    Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

shio said:
    twesterm said:
    maybe it wasn't your cup of tea, but I'm betting many people who played both Mass Effect and The Witcher have in the latter in higher regards, atleast according to metacritics: 8.7 for Mass Effect and 9.4 for The Witcher (ofcourse this doesn't mean anything)

I haven't personally played it but several people in my office have (and they are even big PC people over console) and they much preferred Mass Effect. I'm only going by what they said and they're telling me it's more or less a bad game.

-edit-

And calling the game the best RPG of 2007 is a little extreme since so far I think 3 people in this topic have even heard of it.  I agree there are many good games that people haven't heard of but the best in a recent year and nobody has ever heard of it?  Yeah...