By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Best RPG of 2007 gets even better

I really liked this game. For the one that haven't played it yet, i higly recomend it as the best RPG that I have play since Diablo (actually i like this game more than any Elder Scrols). If u dicide to give a try t this game, I'll advise u to hold at least until third chapter to give a opinion about this game. Also all this updates will be a free patch to actual owners, so i thing that when this came i'll walktroght the game again in the harder dificulty (i was thinking to start that this weekend, but with this news i'll wait)

<The Knight of The Doomeds>

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah, the Witcher did look pretty cool...even if it was a bit too mumorpagerish hehe. I think I'll wait til May to buy it then, since the updated game will be best.

That and the Crysis have to be my favorite Zero Punctuation reviews.

OT:  I've been interested in the Witcher for a while, but I'm trying to keep myself from buying it, because I know  I have a hard time getting into WRPGs, so it would probably end up being a big waste of money. 

Never played this game. I kind of assumed by the title "best RPG of 2007" then it would be Oblivion. Guess I was wrong.

coolestguyever said:
Never played this game. I kind of assumed by the title "best RPG of 2007" then it would be Oblivion. Guess I was wrong.

haha no way

Oblivion is 2006.

Anyway I bought The Witcher last month and I haven't regret it.  It's a solid RPG taht may even appeal to some console action-RPG fans as well as hardcore PC gamers.  I can't wait to have the new faces though, there were far too many clones.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Eh, I was pretty impressed by it at first, but as I continued to play the combat just got too repetitive, and then translation and voice acting issues started showing up. In the end I wasn't able to finish it. That's saying a lot, because I finish nearly every game I start (I'm slightly OCD and it bugs me if I don't). So yeah, atm I would say it wasn't even in the top 10 for me. I do know a couple people who swear by it though, and they are the ones who convinced me to play it. It just wasn't my cup of tea in the end.

Not picking you out in particular, but I see this comment often and can't figure it out. Pretty much every RPG in history has repetitive grinding combat. While it sometimes annoys me, it is something that I expect in RPGs. Get quest, go grind, get items, go grind, give items, go grind, complete quest, go grind, etc...

While The Witcher did lack some polish (although the 1.2 patch did fix up a lot of the smaller issues), I felt it was a solid game even if it wasn't groundbreaking. 

twesterm said:
It really wasn't that good of a game. The only appeal was you got to have sex with chicks and then naked playing cards of them.

why didnt it sell a bazzillion copies?!?!

i keep hearing good stuff about this game,is it really better then mass effect?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

shio said:
Bingoo said:
shio you cant say mass effect has a lower user rated then witcher because more people think the witcher is better. It is well known that fanboys pop in a zero for 360 games etc so it can never be accurate.

in terms of user rating The Witcher is higher, that is all we know.

Bingoo said:
also the witcher has 10 points less in terms of critic review

The Witcher was mostly ignored by magazines, coming from unknown eastern european developers, and with almost no hype and advertisement, even though sites like gamerankings never counted any of The Witcher's perfect 10's. Mass Effect on the other hand, hype, reputation, console exclusive, had it all going for it.

You cant say that one is better then the other based on user reviewers you just cant. Way to many things can take away from what people really think.

If you want to play that you can also say that the user review is lower because more people dislike 360 games and will just rate them lower because they can. Also generally PC gamers are also more likely to get on and rate stuff making the witcher better to them.

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

brute said:
i keep hearing good stuff about this game,is it really better then mass effect?

Some say yes....others say no, just a matter of opinion

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!