By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who Else Thinks a Xbox One Price Cut is coming in March??

dsp333 said:
Considering the power and hardware size difference both in favor of the PS4, the One needs to drop to $350 or below if they want any chance in hell of parity (and really, that didn't help them enough last gen either, but still).

No they don't. Most potential customers won't think the power difference is that significant and many won't even know about it. They will certainly notice the free kinect, and if both are the same price, then the X1 would seem like the better deal (at least to customers in NA). 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

The idea of a system selling type of game (Titanfall) is that you don't have to cut price. You never pull the trigger on both a AAA system seller and a price cut, then there's nothing to do during the holidays if you lose momentum. I certainly wouldn't want Toastboy running my business..

lol at Sony fans arguing against a price drop. Gee, I wonder why.

MoHasanie said:
dsp333 said:
Considering the power and hardware size difference both in favor of the PS4, the One needs to drop to $350 or below if they want any chance in hell of parity (and really, that didn't help them enough last gen either, but still).

No they don't. Most potential customers won't think the power difference is that significant and many won't even know about it. They will certainly notice the free kinect, and if both are the same price, then the X1 would seem like the better deal (at least to customers in NA). 

NA yes, globally no.

Investors don't like it.
Existing XOne owners don't like it.

I think an Xbox 360 price cut is far, far more likely

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

Not going to be a price job any time before September.

Soundwave said:
lol at Sony fans arguing against a price drop. Gee, I wonder why.

?? because its common sense? No way they drop the price this early it's foolishness. Look around, almost all xbox fans think so too for a reason.

toastboy44562 said:

At the same time as Titanfall...

Xbox One will recieve a $50-$100 dollar price cut in March. Mark my words homies!

Microsoft makes about 40 dollars on each console sold (not counting Xbox Live subscription, accessories, games etc.)

Xbox One for $450 + Titanfall  = Profit

Xbox One for $400 + Titanfall + Xbox Live subscription = Profit

Microsoft is releasing in another set of countries in march I believe. Xbox will be the same cost as PS4 in these countries to be competitive. If Xbox One is the same cost as PS4 in these countries surely it will be the same cost in places such as the US and UK...

OR Microsoft can come out with a Kinect-Less Xbox One for $350 and still make a profit...

Maybe you best do research before hoping for something like that, Xbox Division is already making a loss on XBox One (http://bgr.com/2013/11/26/xbox-one-profit-estimate/)  and with investors calling for the Divisions Sale, I dont think So. Not anytime soon anyway.

Maybe March of 2016!

It's selling really quite well. Look at the Xbox or the X360, it's way ahead of them.

Sorry, but I think it's going to be a while before we see a price cut. Unless Sony cuts, then they counter.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I think they will just add Titanfall to the current pack (conserving the price) in limited units. So yo can get Titanfall + Kinect `+ XOne for 500$

And when that pack is gone they will do packs like the one with ghosts for 530 but with Titanfall instead