By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Both Ps4 and Xboxone will sell 100 Million Unit

This is delusional. No device this generation will reach 100 million units sold lifetime. Not even the PS4.

Around the Network

err... nope. PS4 might, X1 has no chance to outsell the 360.

RenCutypoison said:
tbone51 said:
lmao, ps4 will do anyywhere (depends on how this generation goes) between 80mil-120mil lifetime.

X1 i dont see doing more than 80mil, my guess is between 40mil-70mil.

So you think this gen will have less homeconsoles sales then the last one for the first time in history ?

Either that or you think Wii U will do 100-150 millions.

yes to your first question, WiiU will sell minimum of 20mil ...maximum 35mil (only if they can get their act together)

I wish both could do so well, but nope... It's too early to predict, but I believe PS4 will dominate, but not reach 100m. Everyday is becoming harder for consoles...

X1 will do 70 million whilst the PS4 could do 100 million.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

PS4 sells 20 mil more than PS3, XB1 will sell 20 mil less than 360. So- PS4 100mil XB1 60mil.

XB1 will not do nearly as well in Europe as 360 (due to the only reason they even made a dent in Sony's deathhold was the price) and the PS4 will be more competive in NA (if not a close win). I don't see a lot of new gamers buying like what happened with the Wii last gen that's I why I see essential 20 mil in sales shifting to PS4 w/o them gaining many of the sales that Wii took last gen.

If your assumption is even 50% of the Wii owners who did not buy a PS360 will go with PS4/XB1 then I can see how you could assume around 100 mil each, but I doupt many Wii owners who did not buy a PS360 are going suddenly run out and buy a "core" gaming console now.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

tbone51 said:
RenCutypoison said:
tbone51 said:
lmao, ps4 will do anyywhere (depends on how this generation goes) between 80mil-120mil lifetime.

X1 i dont see doing more than 80mil, my guess is between 40mil-70mil.

So you think this gen will have less homeconsoles sales then the last one for the first time in history ?

Either that or you think Wii U will do 100-150 millions.

yes to your first question, WiiU will sell minimum of 20mil ...maximum 35mil (only if they can get their act together)

I agree, the market will obviously sell less consoles. The Wii sold to alot of "extreme" casuals that dont normally buy game consoles with their Wii sports party games and Wii Fit. This while couple by a method of control easy to grasp. That is why the Wii was a sucess.No other console on this generation has the capability of filling that void. That means that X1 and PS4 and Wii U sales will take up volumes similar to PS3 + 360, tilting most probably to the side of the Ps4.

The sales lost by Nintendo will not be going to other manufacturers cause no one is simply targetting those customers anymore. All consoles are too daunting for that audience to venture on a new buy. This is where Nintendo's new Quality of life system is gonna come in. It doesnt directly compete with the Wii U and the other systems, but it will tap the needs of a different kind of customer.

MoHasanie said:
X1 will do 70 million whilst the PS4 could do 100 million.

Do you seriously believe that? Have you seen the european numbers? Do you know why the 360 outsold the PS3 at first in europe? Price. Pure and simple.

In the end, the PS3 still outsold the 360 in europe do you know why? The Playstation brand is extremely influencial in europe and has a constant presence on the chapions league, the most watched football competition in europe.

The X1 is gonna sell significantly less than the 360 in europe. Like, dramatically less. It will compete with the Wii U.

So unless you are expecting them to expand in the US (where they are actually doing worse than with the 360), i really dont see how they can ever hope to achieve numbers on the 70 mil mark.  Also remeber that the 360 had a year headstart.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but i doubt the X1 will even break 50mil. I'm expecting it to sell on the 30-40 mil mark, unless ofc Microsoft decides to take losses with it. The new management doesnt seem to have room for that, but we shall see.

X1 60 mill, PS4 85 mill

Are they serious? I will be surprised if the One even reaches 70 million. I think the PS4 may have chances to reach 100 million, but they are very slim. Slimmer than a blonde model.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---