By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Both Ps4 and Xboxone will sell 100 Million Unit

Xbox 360 is in it`s 8th year, PS3 on it`s 7th year and none of them is close to 100M.
I can`t even see PS4 and XB1 lasting so many years.

Maybe PS4 will get close to 80M, but i don`t see XB1 being close to PS4.
Last generation may have been an increase of the gaming population, but you can thank Wii, NDS and Kinect for that. None of those 3 seem to be able to retain their respective markets in a meaningful way, so i expect the number of consoles to be down.
Will then a lot of people buy both systems? With prices not coming down easily and companies wanting a profit, the high prices will keep people from really buying both consoles in significant numbers.

Around the Network
bigjon said:
PS4 sells 20 mil more than PS3, XB1 will sell 20 mil less than 360. So- PS4 100mil XB1 60mil.

XB1 will not do nearly as well in Europe as 360 (due to the only reason they even made a dent in Sony's deathhold was the price) and the PS4 will be more competive in NA (if not a close win). I don't see a lot of new gamers buying like what happened with the Wii last gen that's I why I see essential 20 mil in sales shifting to PS4 w/o them gaining many of the sales that Wii took last gen.

If your assumption is even 50% of the Wii owners who did not buy a PS360 will go with PS4/XB1 then I can see how you could assume around 100 mil each, but I doupt many Wii owners who did not buy a PS360 are going suddenly run out and buy a "core" gaming console now.

i like your breakdown with one expection,..   ps360 is still selling and while low combined they'll sell another 10-20M.   so more like 110M to 70M.

FlamingWeazel said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Not a chance. Over 120 million for the PS4 and 50 million for the X1 (at best)

LOL, you think PS4 will outsell x1 by 70 million? It will win easily but I cannot see it near that wide of a gap.

The ballance of power (if you will) was more or less equal this generation but I believe once it starts to tip in favour of one console dramatically then one console begins to climb rapidly while the other declines rapidly. It's too early to tell of course, I'm just having a punt! lol. But I do believe MS have messed up, both with their console and their attitude, while Sony have managed to totally iradicate the negativity they got last gen.

The PS5 Exists. 

colafitte said:
Lol at all the doom predictions of next gen....There's no reason to think that way. They must be Nintendo fans that hope Sony and Microsoft do bad too so they don't feel so bad, or just bad at forecasting things....

Xbox One will sell probably the same as X360, in the end, and it will be a success for Microsoft. And PS4 will sell a lot more than PS3 and Wii. I'm not sure it will sell the same as PS2 but there's no reasons to think it won't either.

If 7th gen will end around 300m all homeconsole combined (Wii 100m, PS3 and X360 180-190m both), I'm not expecting less than 250m for this gen, so if WiiU ends selling less than 30m, 220m need to come from PS4 and Xbox One.

My minimum for both are 80-90m for Xbox One and 130-140m for PS4. and i wont be surprised if its 150-70 PS4/Xbox One in the end...

Of Course all Nintendo Fans are bad guys thej wish thej another company the death. I am a Nintendo Fan and i have say PS 4 will reach 100 Million easily but the Xbox One NOT A CHANCE. 

People they hate in the Internet thej have all small pe.....

If MS shows a good reason behind Kinect and gets the core hyped, then yes, if not, then dropping Kinect and dropping lower then PS4 would be the next move and only way to this. It is way to early to tell but I don't think either will hit 100 million. PS4 hype is hi right now but will die down in March. Titanfall needs to bring the heat and they need to release that damn Titanfall bundle.

Initial sales of PS4 are that of the hardcore crowd. The games are ok but MS does have them on this front so far.

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
If MS shows a good reason behind Kinect and gets the core hyped, then yes, if not, then dropping Kinect and dropping lower then PS4 would be the next move and only way to this. It is way to early to tell but I don't think either will hit 100 million. PS4 hype is hi right now but will die down in March. Titanfall needs to bring the heat and they need to release that damn Titanfall bundle.

Initial sales of PS4 are that of the hardcore crowd. The games are ok but MS does have them on this front so far.

You know we heard the hype would die down in Jan, then feb now march and the damn this is still selling out everywhere, while poor me cant even sale his Xbone for 550 with LE Forza5 (save a bill) not one reply.

PS4 sales are everyone, i saw to many moms running around the stores on xmas looking for em to think other wise.  None gave a rats ass about the Xone.

BeElite said:
DJEVOLVE said:

You know we heard the hype would die down in Jan, then feb now march and the damn this is still selling out everywhere, while poor me cant even sale his Xbone for 550 with LE Forza5 (save a bill) not one reply.

PS4 sales are everyone, i saw to many moms running around the stores on xmas looking for em to think other wise.  None gave a rats ass about the Xone.

dude costco's in the last 2 weeks has had a palet full of PS4's, A few looked like they sold. The hype will only last so long. I understand to all sony fans, it will never die but in fact it will and is showing signs of doing so.

DJEVOLVE said:
. PS4 hype is hi right now but will die down in March. Titanfall needs to bring the heat and they need to release that damn Titanfall bundle.

LOL more wishfull thinking. Also disagree, PS4 has way more variety and games early on, march is the show, infamous, just got outlast, don't starve. What has x1 had?

Even when the hype dies it will still outsell x1 weekly, titanfall is not going to change that.

Not a chance

Neither of them will do close to that figure the gaming landscape is changing too fast and Microsoft certainly do not have the name to enter the home entertainment arena

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""