By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Both Ps4 and Xboxone will sell 100 Million Unit

there is a lot of doom and gloom in this thread. personally, I think the x1 will be successful, but perhaps not that successful. Microsoft would have to pull out a game changer or two or three to get it past 100 million. Something like the original kinect. As of now I think the final numbers will be more like 120-140 million ps4, 70-90 million x1, 20-40 million wii u. This gen will have more defined sales places, but still be relatively competitive.

Around the Network

I don't think ps4 will do 100mil. I think it will do similar to the ps3 as I expect this generation to be not as good as the previous for all consoles.

Xbox One... Not a chance in hell.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

If PS3 and 360 couldnt much less these followups with a potentialyl shorty Lifespan

PS4 100M

Xbox 70M

WiiU 25M

being optimist

Xbone has no chance in hell to reach a 100 million.

one of you sleuths find out what he's on and get me some of it. There's a rave I'm going to this weekend and I could use some of that stuff to loosen me up

Around the Network

Lol at all the doom predictions of next gen....There's no reason to think that way. They must be Nintendo fans that hope Sony and Microsoft do bad too so they don't feel so bad, or just bad at forecasting things....

Xbox One will sell probably the same as X360, in the end, and it will be a success for Microsoft. And PS4 will sell a lot more than PS3 and Wii. I'm not sure it will sell the same as PS2 but there's no reasons to think it won't either.

If 7th gen will end around 300m all homeconsole combined (Wii 100m, PS3 and X360 180-190m both), I'm not expecting less than 250m for this gen, so if WiiU ends selling less than 30m, 220m need to come from PS4 and Xbox One.

My minimum for both are 80-90m for Xbox One and 130-140m for PS4. and i wont be surprised if its 150-70 PS4/Xbox One in the end...

If the PS3 and Xbox 360 don't even reach 100 million (and they sure as hell won't), then both the PS4 and X1 certainly will not!

As it stands, One will be lucky to reach 50 million. With some drastic steps (price cut, killer software, new feature, partnership with cable companies, etc) it could take off and turn things around, but as it stands it's a dud of a product. It is an inferior product to PS4 while being $100 more expensive. As it is I see 30 million more likely than 100.

PS4 100% yes.

Xbox One I'm really not sure and don't see it as likely. Probably more in the 60 - 70 million range. Still though anything could happen its WAY too early in the generation to be certain of anything.

This prediction thread calls for the old 360 vs PS3 vs Wii prediction thread... remember lots of crows was distributed back then. People making assumptions 3months after launch... SMH people never learn!