By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After Zelda U , next generation please.

stupid... 133 72.28%

agreed 40 21.74%

...(in comments) 11 5.98%

Total:184

Maybe some people call me stupid, but I am happy with the games for WiiU. 

We have Super Mario 3D World, Zelda WW HD, Pikmin 3, NSMU/NSLU,The Wonderful 101, Sonic Lost World,Sonic Boom, Super Smash Bros 4, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, X, Shin Megami Tensei / Fire Emblem, Yoshis Yarn, Monster Hunter 3 U /Frontier G , Rayman Legends,ZombiU, Hyrule Warriors

Lego Games,2 CODs,2 Skylanders, 2 Assassin´s Creed,2 Batmans, 

Party Games like Just Dance, Wii Party U  and Game & Wario. 

Unannounced NFC games. 

120+ Indie Games ;) 

And I am sure there is a new Mario Party and Pokemon in development

I am serious, actually I only want a new Zelda, maybe a 3D Mario like Galaxy. I am sure there are a few surprises coming , but for me Nintendo could end this generation with Zelda U. 

Around the Network

okay, cool. everyone calls me stupid, I understand xD

I'll say this, add 2-3 more games (a new Punch-Out, Star Fox, F-Zero, Kid Icarus, etc.) and I wouldn't feel ripped off if a new Nintendo console came out in, say, early 2016. 

You have to understand why its a bad idea.

Nintendo cant rush the Wii U out or it will lose consumer trust. That is the only thing they have going for them now. If they lose that they will be going the way of SEGA and it will be impossible to release a sucessful sucessor.
Dont buy into the negativity. A Nintendo console only needs Nintendo games to be worth your money. No need to rush it out for another one that will probably repeat the cycle. Even with a console the same level of power as X1 and PS4 i still dont see Nintendo getting any worthwhile third party support. The GC didnt, so why would it be any different now?

Nintendo would alienate the only people that have bought their console, I know I wouldn't buy the Wii U successor if they released it in just two years or so.

Plus any of those games you mentioned might not be as good as you expected even Zelda. So yes you are stupid :)

Around the Network

As long as Wii U keeps getting good games why would u want it replaced?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Thats like saying, after 2013, Nintendo should axe the 3ds and bring out their next handheld cause everyone knows that for the 3ds, it will be near impossible to live up to the consistent, critically acclaimed games that got put out month after month in 2013 so yea, terrible idea... The 3ds will still have great games, just not as frequently anymore imo but that doesn't mean they should kill the 3ds already so no, I don't think that Nintendo should release a new console right after Zelda U

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I know zelda u is a year or so away but i hope nintendo is already planning it's successor (zelda fusion) for a launch title in late 2017. To have a proper new mainline zelda game at launch would be sick.

Yeah, release ZeldaU on WiiU and DSU, and support the WiiU for another two years with DSU titles.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

People will kick and scream about it (well Nintendo fans) but I think the move has been made internally so that Zelda U, Mario Galaxy 3, and Animal Crossing U will be pan-platform titles for Nintendo ... meaning they'll release on Wii U but also another Nintendo hardware platform that's coming (probably sooner than people think). A portable one.

They are not going to let such high profile/expensive to develop projects simply rot so that 15 million Nintendo fans are happy when the sales potential for such games is much larger than that.