Forums - Sales Discussion - What do you think Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII will sell?

According to this site (take it with a grain of salt) Final Fantasy XIII sold almost 7.2 million copies. Final Fantasy XIII-2 sold 3.2 million copies.

Personally I liked both games and think it's a shame XIII-2 didn't sell more but oh well.

Can Lightning Returns sell 2.5 million copies? (another 2.1 million copies)

Around the Network

Doubt it. My bet is on 1.5 million+.

I actually liked the games but nobody is really anticipating Lightning Returns. It seems even Bravely Default managed to gather more hype.

IMO LR:FF13 will not sell good.The first one sold because the Hype,the second sold less than half of the first one.

My prediction: ~2 million worldwide.

Reason: People have "better games"( i know i know quality is subjective) coming to the PS3 on the same period and we have the next gen now( infamous SS/Titanfall/Donkey Kong TF).

2m at best. There's zero hype for this game and everyone is sick of the whole FFXIII saga.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I predict 1.5 million. Nobody is  remotely interested in  playing this game. SE shoving Lighting down our  throats is like that annoying high school girl that keeps telling you how cute and how awesome she is. It gets annoying very fast.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

With how crap the FF13 series has been. I really hope it does bad. It will be a crime against gaming if it turns a profit or get past 500k

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

FF13 and co is a 101 on how to try your best to kill a franchise

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Probably about the same as FFX HD. Legs will be cut short because it is last gen.

I'm thinking it'll be somewhere around 1.4 million. It's the third in a trilogy that's already been criticized heavily, it's at the end of last gen, and there's no hype for it.

It debuted to about half the sales of XIII-2 in Japan, so I'm thinking it'll be about half worldwide. So 1.6 million.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=Japan&ending=Cumulative&game%5B%5D=Final+Fantasy+XIII-2+%28PS3%29+%5B49773%5D&game%5B%5D=Lightning+Returns%3A+Final+Fantasy+XIII+%28PS3%29+%5B70939%5D&game%5B%5D=&game%5B%5D=