By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What do you think Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII will sell?

RenCutypoison said:

I don't know how LR ends. I didn't like xiii-2 gameplay, so I can understand it feels like a cheap spin-off.

But LR's gameplay is amazing in my opinion, and the customization is a great feature (I love it, and my gf wanted the game for valentine's day just because of it).

Anyway XV will bring back great stroyline (Nomura and Nojima opposed to Toriyama that's getting old)

I can't properly comment on the gameplay, I haven't seen more than a few videos yet.  But as someone who felt slapped in the face at the end of Mass Effect 3, I felt like warning people not to expect too much from LR's story. I guess some very loyal or very relaxed fans might enjoy the ending, but still...

On FFXV we definitely agree :D it's shaping up to be an amazing experience so far.

Around the Network

WAY more than it should, even if it only sells 2 copies.

2 million. The sales drop percentage going from 2 to 3 will be smaller than going from the original to 2. This game seems like it will only sell to the biggest FF loyalists. It seems like there should be a lot less of them now then before.

1.6M LT would be my bet. The game sold poorly in Japan, behind FFX/X2 HD combined. And the gap could potentially grow more with the worldwide release.

haxxiy said:
RenCutypoison said:

I don't know how LR ends. I didn't like xiii-2 gameplay, so I can understand it feels like a cheap spin-off.

But LR's gameplay is amazing in my opinion, and the customization is a great feature (I love it, and my gf wanted the game for valentine's day just because of it).

Anyway XV will bring back great stroyline (Nomura and Nojima opposed to Toriyama that's getting old)

I can't properly comment on the gameplay, I haven't seen more than a few videos yet.  But as someone who felt slapped in the face at the end of Mass Effect 3, I felt like warning people not to expect too much from LR's story. I guess some very loyal or very relaxed fans might enjoy the ending, but still...

On FFXV we definitely agree :D it's shaping up to be an amazing experience so far.

You didn't play the LR demo ? =O

It's up right now (and it's light compared to most ps3 demo)

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:

You didn't play the LR demo ? =O

It's up right now (and it's light compared to most ps3 demo)

My wi-fi isn't really compatible with either the PS3 or the Wii. It's a cheap technicolor modem who seems to have the reach of one meter or so.  Ethernet worked when I decided to play Battlefield 3 MP during the holidays, but it was a bothersome workaround.

I think I'm going to wait and rent the game when it becomes available. Since I liked FFX-2 I might actually enjoy it, I guess.

I've got Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 but I'm not getting Lightning Returns. I don't think I'm the only one who has bought a PS4 and are waiting for Final Fantasy 15.

Don't copy random editorials.

amy reviews yet?

hope it doesn't do more than 1 mil at the most while I hope ffx/x2 hd sells great to show se that just cause it has "final fantasy" doesn't mean we will buy it! so far ffxv doesn't interest me in the least especially from those combat vids!

What's with all the hate? FFXIII wasn't as good as some of the others in the series but if it were called something else people would have loved it, it was better than XII at least.

XIII-2 was a pretty fun game in itself as well.