By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What do you think Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII will sell?

2 million at best. It's not even a mainline FF game, just like Dirge of Cerberus. I wonder if it's true it was supposed to be a Valkyrie Profile game instead...

Around the Network

They didn't spend too much money developing this game. Since FF XIII-2 they are reusing same assets from FF XIII. And the number of CGs was drastically reduced. Square-Enix said that if a game like Final Fantasy VII was developed for last gen consoles, they would pass 10 years working on it. So we can hope Final Fantasy XV will have same quality as Final Fantasy VII, by the time they release it.

2.5 Millions I think. But what the hell people ?

Comments here are just awesome, 2 millions becomes not much for the sequel of a sequel, noone has the slightest interest in the game, there is no hype, ...

I feel like the game is underhype as hell, there is a lot of good features in this game, I'm looking forward to play it, and it has a good number of preorders. This is a Final Fantasy, wether you like it or not, deal with it.

Edit : Just a little reminder that FFXIII is the best selling J-RPG series of the generation (Easy-RPG appart)

RenCutypoison said:

Comments here are just awesome, 2 millions becomes not much for the sequel of a sequel, noone has the slightest interest in the game, there is no hype, ...

I feel like the game is underhype as hell, there is a lot of good features in this game, I'm looking forward to play it, and it has a good number of preorders. This is a Final Fantasy, wether you like it or not, deal with it.

I'm not one to jump on the FFXIII series hate train, since I quite enjoyed the first game, but XIII-2 and specially LR smell of cheap non-canon spinoffs. Are you even aware of how LR ends? It's a disaster of storywriting. FFX-2.5 level of bad.

RenCutypoison said:

Edit : Just a little reminder that FFXIII is the best selling J-RPG series of the generation (Easy-RPG appart)

I am hyped. Final Fantasy XIII was the most uninteresting of the series. But i liked FF XIII-2 and really liked Lightning Returns demo.

Around the Network

i think 2 million lt.

haxxiy said:
RenCutypoison said:

I'm not one to jump on the FFXIII series hate train, since I quite enjoyed the first game, but XIII-2 and specially LR smell of cheap non-canon spinoffs. Are you even aware of how LR ends? It's a disaster of storywriting. FFX-2.5 level of bad.

I don't know how LR ends. I didn't like xiii-2 gameplay, so I can understand it feels like a cheap spin-off.

But LR's gameplay is amazing in my opinion, and the customization is a great feature (I love it, and my gf wanted the game for valentine's day just because of it).

Anyway XV will bring back great stroyline (Nomura and Nojima opposed to Toriyama that's getting old)

Less than FFX/X-2 HD

1.8 million lifetime.

I will be playing the game, for cheap probably. And since I am not interested in XV yet whatsoever and probably will not end up with a Ps4 this just might be the last 'new' Final Fantasy I play.

Less than it deserves!! I'm so excited for it!!!