By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Capcom: MH4 Sales "Stronger than planned", RE: R, AA: DD, and DR3 Meet Projected Sales; LP3 Doesn't

Tagged games:

On the other hand, sales of "Lost Planet 3" (for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC) were below expectations due in part to intensifying competition in the European and North American markets.

Also due in part to it being a game that no one asked for.

Around the Network

"Reverations", ok, now this is jsut a mean joke.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

So this means that MonHun is right or slightly undertracked? 300k digital (don't remember Famitsu's exact number)+ 400k shipped makes sense.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

i dont get why dead rising achieve sales but zombiU doesnt

Not bad capcom. Really glad about dead rising and dark arisen

Around the Network
Pachofilauri said:

Could be that Microsoft gave Capcom more funding for DR3 than Nintendo gave Ubi for ZombiU.

Edit: Or are you asking why DR3 sold more units, period? And is likely to go on to widen that gap?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

The first Lost Planet was such a cool game...

Pachofilauri said:

Did ZombiiU ship a million in 2 months?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

torok said:
A203D said:
torok said:
Very good, I hope Capcom has some good sales figures from now on. Another Dragon's Dogma would be great!

Well I was pretty keen on Deep Down because it looked like a spirtual sequel to Dragon's Dogma, but all this free to play stuff has put me right of the game.

I still believe in Deep Down's success. Anyway, now that is free you can at least give it a try when it's out.

True, it still looks like a really good game, I want to give it a chance.

Carl2291 said:
I have Reveraitions sat waiting for me to play it on 3DS.

May have to start it up sometime this weekend.

You should get Reverations, too. I heard it's great.

OT: Nice to see Capcom hasn't turned into a company of too high expectations. *Cough* SE *Cough*