By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Games With Gold doesn't bother competing with PS+...

Tagged games:

OmegaRed421 said:
ArnoldRimmer said:

What's funny though is that certain Xbox fans actually seem to be almost proud of being milked by their favourite video console manufacturer.

I am more than happy to be "milked" by M$ knowing when I go to play a game that is years old with a friend the servers will still be up and running because of their cloud service. I tried to play Homefront a few months back with a friend and was upset to find out the servers had been shut down. 

That's weird... As far as I know, Xbox 360 fans were already being milked last generation for online gaming - and yet, I saw countless Xbox 360 fans complaining about Homefront servers being shut down. Well, I guess someone simply forgot to tell those poor fools as happy Microsoft milking cows, they are immune to server shutdowns, right?

But serious: Why on earth are so many Xbox fans believing that servers for Xbox One games won't be shut down, because of "the cloud"? I see lots of Xbox fans seriously believing this. Who started this ridiculous claim? I can only assume that this is based on yet another complete misinterpretation of some typical Microsoft PR bullshit.

Around the Network
cmay227 said:
The Fury said:
cmay227 said:

Not even close to the experience live gave. Try again.

But it was the answer to your question. Hate the truth huh?

So your comparing a dial-up ,crappy, no support driven online service in europe to Xbox live? And in the US 'sega/net' as it was know, which lasted only 11 months to Xbox live? Like i said try again!

It cost four times as much as Live, too.

mutantclown said:
sales2099 said:

They don't understand because they stole our culture, but they will.

You subscribe because you have to, not because there are incentives. That said I do like Games for Gold better. The games are actually yours to keep and 2 games per month is more then enough....I don't want so many games that I don't know what to do with them.

Do what with old-ass games? Oh yeah, NOTHING, since I have already played them or don't give two shits about them. And who says I may even like these miserable 2 games? What If I don't like one of them, what if I don't care for any of them? The more the merrier, in the end, it's the same for me, I need to be paying to get something, and I'm getting a lot less even if it's "permanent" with Xbox Live. I have no use for permanent crap like "DEFENSE GRID" either.

lol entitled much? Given 360's 80 million+ install base and the individual sales of every game they give away.......you just sound selfish and petty. You get 24 games....permanently yours, and you wanna complain that a few might not appeal to you and that you allready played them? Wow.....

By the way, Defense Grid has a meta of 82. Its a solid game. Guess you aren't a gamer that doesn't appreciate under-the-radar quality.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

KylieDog said:
sales2099 said:

They don't understand because they stole our culture, but they will.

You subscribe because you have to, not because there are incentives. That said I do like Games for Gold better. The games are actually yours to keep and 2 games per month is more then enough....I don't want so many games that I don't know what to do with them.

They are digital games, you never really own them.

Well you can have digital games, decide to sell your 360. Buy another one a few years later, reaccquire your gamertag, and actually redownload all your previously bought digital purchases, all stored on the hard drive. That sounds like ownership to me.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I agree. MS makes and has made gigantic amounts of money from Gold and from people who just want to play online. Sony had less than 10% of PS3's userbase paying for PS Plus and by offering free games, they aren't making anywhere near as much money as MS. Not only because they have so much fewer subscibers but because they have to pay for those free games. Not something Sony should be doing with their bad finances. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:

I agree. MS makes and has made gigantic amounts of money from Gold and from people who just want to play online. Sony had less than 10% of PS3's userbase paying for PS Plus and by offering free games, they aren't making anywhere near as much money as MS. Not only because they have so much fewer subscibers but because they have to pay for those free games. Not something Sony should be doing with their bad finances. 

Actually less than 1%. There's like 150million PSN accounts right? Less than 1.5m had PS+ before PS4 hit.

michael_stutzer said:
A forced service is bigger than an optional service. Shocking.

Plus, when you argue that Sony is able to offer more and better games because it has to pay little for a small amount of subscribers, don't you think that with the increased amount of subscribers the money that comes in will be bigger as well? Nothing will change. You can do better than this.

But why bother spending so much money on giving free games at the same caliber and quantity when a majoirty of your subscribers clearly aren't there for free games?

You should trying doing better at simple logic.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)