By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says enough is enough, to cut 5,000 jobs, split off PC, TV operations

Shame. Sony do have the best picture quality for tvs but the premium you have to pay for them is daylight roberry. You can get a samsung for like 40% cheaper with similar features, size.
Im glad I got my bravia now before they drop in quality.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
vivster said:
Wow, didn't expect that. I thought the TV division would be vital to their unified content network and especially PSNow.

Sony TVs are more expensive than the competition and seldom have any benefits, in fact lack a lot of features the big players like LG and Samsung offer.

BasilZero said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Asus for Laptops and Samsung for TVs is the way to go imo

Yeah I'm thinking about going that combo in the next few years.

All my TVS are Samsung, couldn't be happier. I got a 7/8 year 40" old LCD samsung flat screen that still works great. Well I had to put new capacitors in it but it was only $7 and 15 minutes of my time to do so.  However my other Samsumg tvs all work great and have not had any issues accept for the Capacitors in my old Samsung. I Got 5 all together. LED 55" inch for my Master bed,  55" LED 3d Smart tv for my living room, 40" LED 3D tv for my Gamer room, 40" LCD for my spare bedroom,  26" Samsung for my Kitchen. 27" Samsung monitor for my office.  I have home built PC Tower, 2 HP laptops and a surface. However I will be going Asus for laptops next time around.

So I can say Samsung has treated me good, However have yet to own asus laptop, hear they're great.

I hope they are able to recover and keep ps4 around, we need the competition, if not prices are going to be out of this world.

vivster said:
Wow, didn't expect that. I thought the TV division would be vital to their unified content network and especially PSNow.

But they dont really want it unified like that, they eventually want PSNow on Apple, Samsung and other massive brands like that. The more people they can sell this service to the better, they arent looking to push hardware numbers on TVs and Sony phones because they realise that PSNow isnt enough to persuade most people to their products but as a service on other devices it can sell well and make a nice profit

Around the Network

Wow, nice! Sony is Saved!

BasilZero said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Asus for Laptops and Samsung for TVs is the way to go imo

Yeah I'm thinking about going that combo in the next few years.

Na man. Samsung for laptops and LG or Bravia for TVs.

Do I like those brands just because I own those devices? My lips are sealed ;)

Hopefully this will the move that saves them long-term but somehow, I don't see it. There seems to be something more fundamentally wrong in the structure and mentality of the company that produces these losses.

walsufnir said:
vivster said:

Sony TVs are more expensive than the competition and seldom have any benefits, in fact lack a lot of features the big players like LG and Samsung offer.

I know, but Vita has the same issues and they didn't scrap that. I just didn't think it would be so soon, I mean they even showed a PSNow demo on a Bravia which would've gotton non console owners the chance to get some Sony games.

I didn't think that the TV  division was beyond saving.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

ktay95 said:
vivster said:

But they dont really want it unified like that, they eventually want PSNow on Apple, Samsung and other massive brands like that. The more people they can sell this service to the better, they arent looking to push hardware numbers on TVs and Sony phones because they realise that PSNow isnt enough to persuade most people to their products but as a service on other devices it can sell well and make a nice profit

Are you shitting me!? They're watering down their own brand for survive.