By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says enough is enough, to cut 5,000 jobs, split off PC, TV operations

Sacrifices have to be made. Sucks for the unemployed

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

It's about damn time. They didn't know what they were doing in either of those markets.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I think that by now the Playtation Division alone is more valuable than Sony as a whole.

I can´t uderstand why they still keep their Hollywood and TV business.

DJEVOLVE said:
BasilZero said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Asus for Laptops and Samsung for TVs is the way to go imo

Yeah I'm thinking about going that combo in the next few years.

All my TVS are Samsung, couldn't be happier. I got a 7/8 year 40" old LCD samsung flat screen that still works great. Well I had to put new capacitors in it but it was only $7 and 15 minutes of my time to do so.  However my other Samsumg tvs all work great and have not had any issues accept for the Capacitors in my old Samsung. I Got 5 all together. LED 55" inch for my Master bed,  55" LED 3d Smart tv for my living room, 40" LED 3D tv for my Gamer room, 40" LCD for my spare bedroom,  26" Samsung for my Kitchen. 27" Samsung monitor for my office.  I have home built PC Tower, 2 HP laptops and a surface. However I will be going Asus for laptops next time around.

So I can say Samsung has treated me good, However have yet to own asus laptop, hear they're great.

you also need a waterproof TV when you taking a shower and one small one for when you taking a dump

VXIII said:
BasilZero said:
d00m3d ;(

Damn that sucks that the TV division was sold T_T.

Cant say much about their PC division though lol - overpriced as hell.

They didn't / will not sell their TV division, they are just turning it into a subsidiary company. The Tv division will probably get its own budget , profit and financial reports.

nt entirely sure on the fiscal rules of japan but wouldn't that still mean the TV company they are setting up will this show up on the consolidated calculations?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
I think that by now the Playtation Division alone is more valuable than Sony as a whole.

I can´t uderstand why they still keep their Hollywood and TV business.

I think Hirai knows that the future will be about content.. Sony was too late with a music/movie/app store of their own to have an impact now but they still are in a strong position with all the music and movie stuff they own for in the future.. I can see a Playstation Now subscription bundled with a movie and streaming music subscription.. which i'll use on my iPad.. in the future Sony's biggest competitor will be Amazon

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:

Sony's biggest competitor will be Amazon

I don't think that's a good idea. Free shipping is bleeding Amazon monies.

This just underlines the fact that in spite of the Playstation brand's success, it has, surprisingly, never been a huge source of profit for Sony as a corporation.

Nice!!!
thats the necessary move.............5 years ago
later than late. never too late i guess

Why are we discussing Sony's financials?

Wii U ez duumd :)

My two cents - I hope they'll get things right and focus on more important sutff, like pushing The Last Guardian out. I'd buy PS4 twice and ditch all my Nintendos.