By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which are your best memories from the 7th gen?

Title says it all. Write as many as you want, as a list or not.

My best memories:

- Got into gaming with a Wii. I was 11. Didn't know what to ask for my birhtday, my sister suggested a Wii. I was like "Well, ok, I want a Wii if it's possible to get it.". My first games were Mario Kart Wii and SSBB. I got into actual gaming really quick.

- Next birthday upgraded my PC to "2010 acceptable" levels. Got GTA IV as first PC games... TBH I enjoyed it very much, when there were serious framerate drops I used to think it was my computer's fault... Silly me.

- Dead Rising 2 PC is one of my favorite games ever. Call me a freak, but I kind of liked Chop Till You Drop for Wii given my total lack of knowledge of the X360 version. When I found out DR2 was coming I was very hyped and wanted to enjoy it on my PC.

- 2011. Got an Xbox360 for my birthday and my first three games were Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption (Loved them both from beggining to end) and Dead Rising. The first months, I had my console plugged into a SD, 4:3 TV. You can already imagine why I quickly switched to the main HD TV in my house.

- Super Meat Boy was a wonderful experience and I kept hearing it's soundtrack long after finishing the game...

- ...Same with Super Paper Mario. Who could even imagine that a Mario game could be so deep?

- Borderlands 1. Bought it on a Steam Sale. No idea what it was. Played it, "what is this crap?", left it. Came back like two months later, fell in love with it. I was really hyped for Borderlands 2 and wasn't disappointed even a little bit.

- The Binding of Isaac. I once read about the "new game being developed by Edmund McMillen about monsters, demons and aborted babies." It was only $5 so I downloaded it day one and became that one game that really grew onto me. The bizarre humor, the complex story, the empathy I felt for Isaac. For me, it was perfection inside it's uniqueness. Wrath of the Lamb DLC was a day one, of course.

- Killing Floor. A friend asked me to buy it to play it with him. The game is great fun and eventually became unexplicably special to me.

- World of Goo. It came with my HP laptop. Never heard from it. Used to play it when I was bored. The way the simple story was told was charming, and the game itself was pretty fun. Music fitted perfectly even if I never bothered hearing it outside the game.

- Madworld. The commentarists were funny as hell. Soundtrack was very catchy and the mix between rap and metal fitted the game perfectly. Even if the game was a bit short, it was one of those unique installments that only made sense on the Wii (Use Motion controls... To brutally murder someone!). Still waiting for MadWorld 2. No, Anarchy Reigns doesn't count.

- Most importantly, the best thing for me about the last gen is that everyone made it in the end. Wii, X360 PS3, DS and PSP. I hope Wii U and PS Vita gets back on track this generation; the last thing Sony needs now is a failing product, and Nintendo relies purely on gaming (Even if they can stand big losses for who-know-how-many-years).

Every bolded word counts as a memory.

Well, I am too lazy to keep writing. Your turn, fellas.

Around the Network

Hmm soo many great memories, I guess for ps3, it would have to be the day I beat MGS IV, just such a good game with an incredible ending

As for the Wii, playing Super Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros really WoWed me! Specially the music in Smash Bros, over 200 godly sound tracks from many, many of Nintendo's star franchises... Just Jebus

I guess my last memory on my wii was when I successfully hacked it and it was my first hacked home console and one of the first games I tried was Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekidō which is basically a Haruhi Dancing game and it was probably the first time and only time I tried dancing like a schoolgirl... Never thought the experience would be so fascinating!! I swear, the only reason that the wii was successful was cause there was a Haruhi Game on it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

My top 3 games for the 7th gen are:
1: Xenoblade (WII) [massive game / amazing story / character development]
2: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (WII) [terrifying / twist ending]
3: Portal 2 (PS3) [humour / ending]

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

When I got Twilight Princess, I hated the game because I couldn't do the fishing right. 5 or so years later, I was amazed at how much I missed.

Wipeout HD on a 92" projection screen, butter smooth 1080p60, awesome sense of motion in first person view.

Journey, sending a message after completing a 4 hour exploration run with a total stranger, to find out that I don't even recognize the alphabet of the reply.

Dark souls, lost somewhere underneath the under city after somehow falling onto a bonfire. Then slowly starting to make a mental map, exploring a little further with every death, hoping to find the way back before my equipment fails completely.

Ni No Kuni, RPG with Ghibli cooperation, now those cut scenes are a proper reward for getting further. Great cast of characters, the stand up comedy act was a highlight. Reminds me of the greatness of A pirate I was meant to be from Monkey island 3.

Around the Network

Too many to list them but I'll try: They basically give you an idea of what my favourite games are:
The Campaigns of Uncharted 1,2,3 and the hours of Multiplayer of Uncharted 3 with my brother and two friends.Fantastic game.The last of us of course.Littlebigplanet is a game that I really remember fondly.It was my first ps3 game 5 years ago.
More recently DARK SOULS, and Ni No Kuni. FF XIII.
Oh! and from handhelds, FF Crisis Core and the tons of hours of Pokemon.

I have to explain here,that in Dark Souls,the first 10-20 hours are more than magical because of the fear and the anxiety you feel.Not that the rest of the game lacks anything. Ni No Kuni was an enjoyment from start to finish, but TLoU&Uncharted 2 are the games that I love more than anything on this list.

(my fav games and are the Kingdom Hearts game.They are not 7th gen but I couldn't ignore them and not mention them here)

That one time I saw the internet crash after the announcement of FFXIII being on the 360 as well. Oh, and  playing Xenoblade. Such a deep and fun JRPG.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

the console wars

the wii surprise

waiting for ps3 to cross 360

waiting for ps3 price-cut

waiting for ps3 to break-even

final fantasy 13 launch
gt5 launch

Bioshock, Gears, TLOU, MW2 and Far Cry 3. Man, I never realised how much of a dudebro I am.

I have to add another one

Racing on Nurburgring in GT5 (now GT6). Best recreation of the best racing track. I've driven it hundreds of times, in anything from karts to F1, VW bus, rally cars, Nascar, and all the usual suspects. I can drive it with my eyes closed by now. I've already clocked over 4000km on the ring in GT6, still only a fraction of what the total must be in GT5.