By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which are your best memories from the 7th gen?

Softmodding my PSP

Youtube console wars

Playing FPS for the first-time on a Playstation system.

Getting Plus for the first-time.

Around the Network

Playing metroid prime 3 with wii controls that's when I realized the genius of the wiimote. Too bad I will never get to play anything like it again.... stupid nintendo.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

All in chronological order I believe:

- Getting my DS and using the touchscreen for the first time.
- Getting my Wii and playing Wii Sports.
- Playing my first stint online in Call of Duty 4.
- Getting my own PS3 and starting MGS4.
- Emerging from the vault in Fallout 3.
- Getting a PSP and starting Crisis Core.
- Starting Final Fantasy XIII.
- Getting an Xbox 360 and starting Tales of Vesperia.
- Desert level in Uncharted 3.

sales2099 said:
Console wars was 2006.... Best year in gaming for obvious reasons.

Personal gaming memory: Playing Gears of War 1 online and playing 3 vs 3 in Halo Wars with my cousins.

I thought Console Wars was an ongoing since since like, forever? Still, the Youtube bashing and defending videos were the best, reading how everyone just kept saying things like "BUT PS3 IS THE MOST POWERFUL, YOU N00B!" "XBOX360 ONLINE INFRASTRUCTURE IS SUPERIOR, YOU IDIOTIC BASTARD!", "GRAPHICS AREN'T EVERYTHING, YOU D*CKSH*TTING MOTHERF*CKER!".

Sigh... Good old times.

In order, since 2007 to 2013.

-First time you see Damascus in Assassin's Creed, first WOW next gen moment i had.
-The 1st act of MGS 4, i was amazed how next gen improved gameplay over the previous gen.
-Seeing live Uncharted 2 E3 Show in 2009. Definitely the most WOW moment of the gen.
-Seeing the intro of FF XIII. I was hyped as hell for this game for years, and the CGI intro didn't disappoint.
-The last moment of John Marston in Red Dead Redemption, absolutely impactful first time you played it.
-Cutting my finger to save the protagonist's son in Heavy Rain.
-The farewell of the crew in Mass Effect 3 ending. I almost cried saying goodbye to my Liara...
-The music of Journey while you're playing the last act.
- I loved every bit of the game, but mostly the last third of The Last of Us. Bascally when i remember PS3 in the future i will think in TLOU.