By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which are your best memories from the 7th gen?

I was going to comment how young you were when you got the Wii, but I just realized I was almost 13 when I got mine, and I joined the site around the release of Mario Galaxy 1. Now I'm 20..... dang.....

OT: In order of playing: (2005) Mario 64 DS, Mario Kart DS (2006) Wii Sports, Twilight Princess, Excite Truck, (2007) Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (2008) Super Smash Brawl (and the hype behind it), Mario Kart Wii (and the 1000+ hours on it), Wii Music, Animal Crossing, City Folk, (2009) Wii Sports Resort, Trauma Center: New Blood (2010) Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2011) The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2012) Portal 2, The Walking Dead, Season 1

Around the Network

Hangout with many PlayStation®Home lovers friends and having lots of fun glitching almost everyday back in 2009 to 2011... Although getting tired of it and quit 2 years ago but still can remember all the great memories during that time... 

There are so many!

1. Getting a DS in 2006 with New Super Mario Bros. After playing the Super Mario Bros. games, it felt really refreshing at the time.
2 Getting a Wii in 2007 and enjoying the hell out of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
3. Picking up Super Mario Galaxy and repeatedly saying "wow." One of my favorite games of all time.
4. Daily checking up on the Smash Bros. Dojo site to see each new announcement for SSBB and later getting SSBB day of launch and playing for 6 hours when I got home.
5. Getting a PS3 Christmas of 2009 with Uncharted 2. I will never forget Uncharted 2's opening scene, it still a
amazes me to this day.
6. Picking up Metroid Prime Trilogy and experiencing the genius of Metroid Prime for the first time.

I feel these are the main points. I am trying to think if there are some other very notable points.Those that stick out the most would definitely be Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 2, and Super Smash Bros Brawl. That span from 2007 to 2008 was just amazing.

Still for me the 7th gen is not over yet. Still need to play Xenoblade Chronicles along with some other Wii and PS3 games I still need to pick up. The 7th generation is going to be hard to beat...

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

My best memory from 7th gen was hands down playing Uncharted 2 and kicking ass online with a friend. It was so much fun because we would do the pump taunt to mess with people, and we would try to kill eachother on co-op mode with grenades so that when we were in the heal state we would pump straight to the face of the character haha.

LITTLE MAC

Around the Network

God of War 3: just the whole game, despite the gore and general angryness of Cratos... 

Uncharted 2/3/TLOU: Wow just wow as well...

Wipeout HD: 1080p 60FPS sci-fi racing goodness! still one of my fav racer!

Pixel junk games: addictive little gems!

The early years of the Wii. Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4 (hadn't played it before), mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3, heck even Wii Sports surprised me in fantastic moments. 2008 wasn't as packed with big games, but then we had Brawl and MKWii (though I was disappointed after the perfect MKDS). Look at that list and compare it to the Wii U's first year. This was before Nintendo casualised their fanbase (Skyward Sword is an exception). Wii U and the rest of 8 gen consoles hasn't entertained me anywhere as much as the 7th gen. Hope it starts do do that soon.

Yep.

It's a bit of a weird one, but one of the bosses from The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass really stood out to me.

The DS was my first device with a touchscreen or multiple screens. I didn't get it until early 2008, partially because of my PC gaming and GBA filling my entertainment needs, but also because I just didn't get the DS.

Anyhow, as somebody who had some experience with Zelda, the game was a great way to kind of ease me into touch controls and dual screens. But it wasn't until the third boss that I was really sold on the DS.

Long story short, the boss becomes invisible, but you can see whatever they're looking at on the other screen. In other words, the game becomes sort of a second person shooter.

At that point, I understood the DS. Other instances convinced me that dual screens could be a good idea, but this was what convinced me that they were the future. And in the process, this was the beginning of me getting really into gaming.

About a year and a half later, I joined VGChartz.

Love and tolerate.

starting WoW in 2006, off-and-on until 2012.

the first time novelty of the Wii's motion controls and Wii Sports.

spending hundreds of hours in Oblivion.

spending many nights playing Halo 3 with friends. i was never a big Halo fan but it's all they wanted to play.

going to Brawl's midnight launch at my local GameStop. so far i have never been so hyped or excited for a video game. the Smash Dojo worked wonders for that game imo.

Galaxy 1 + 2.

GTA IV.

getting into, and eventually getting very, very skilled (by my own egoistic admission) at music games, Guitar Hero/Rock Band.

spending many nights playing Civlization IV until dawn.

1 vs. 100 with friends who lived out of state.

Arkham Asylum being one of the most surprisingly fantastic games i've ever played.

started to watch gaming live streams for the first time.

spent several months playing one or two versus matches of L4D2 pretty much every single night with friends. 

Skyrim.

BioShock Infinite renewing my faith in video games.

GTA V.

The memory that will likely stick with me is dozen friends of mine getting together and surprising me with a PS3, having to scramble to find a 24 hour shop to buy a game and getting Assassin's Creed. Sitting down and messing about and my jaw dropping because of all the things you could run and climb on. It may not even be in my top 25 games of the generation (not even in top three of its own series) but that night getting into Gen 7 gaming was one I'll always cherish.