By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 will run at 1080p@30fps

Tagged games:

Mr Puggsly said:
Shinobi-san said:
Mr Puggsly said:

According to some users its a bigger disparity than Original Xbox and PS2. :-p

The gap isnt bigger. Buts its the most fitting historical comparison imo.

Not really, PS2 simply couldn't produce graphics at par with Xbox exclusives because it lacked many capabilities the Xbox had.

PS4 and X1 are doing graphics that look the same, but PS4 has the performence edge so its doing higher resolutions or frame rates.

I think the best comparison would be Dreamcast and PS2.

Not really.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Not really, PS2 simply couldn't produce graphics at par with Xbox exclusives because it lacked many capabilities the Xbox had.

PS4 and X1 are doing graphics that look the same, but PS4 has the performence edge so its doing higher resolutions or frame rates.

Not really.

Feel free to elaborate.

PS2 doesn't have games that look as good as exclsuive original Xbox games. Multiplats pretty much always looked better or significantly better on Xbox.

PS4 and X1 games look the same aside from resolution and frame rate advantages on the side of PS4.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Aerys said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Not really.

Feel free to elaborate.

PS2 doesn't have games that look as good as exclsuive original Xbox games. Multiplats pretty much always looked better or significantly better on Xbox.

PS4 and X1 games look the same aside from resolution and frame rate advantages on the side of PS4.

The difference between multiplats was big but usually not bigger than it is now between PS4 and One. Such resolution Or/and framerate + some  graphics advantages are already something significant as well, multiplats pretty much always look better on PS4 . ( Just Cause and Splinter Cell were extrem exceptions with huge differences , we dont know what's coming on PS4/X1 this generation, such an extrem difference could be possible on few games too, if BF4 is not enough )

and if you mean that the most beautiful PS2 exclusive didnt look as good as the most beautiful xbox exclusive, maybe but this generation just started, we'll see what naughty dog/ready at dawn/santa monica have to say on PS4.

Rip in rip next gen consoles. Deep down inside I'm thinking these are launch window titles. On the other hand I think the XB1 and PS4 architecture is much easier to develop for than last generation.

Aerys said:

The difference between multiplats was big but usually not bigger than it is now between PS4 and One. Such resolution Or/and framerate + some  graphics advantages are already something significant as well, multiplats pretty much always look better on PS4 . ( Just Cause and Splinter Cell were extrem exceptions with huge differences , we dont know what's coming on PS4/X1 this generation, such an extrem difference could be possible on few games too, if BF4 is not enough )

and if you mean that the most beautiful PS2 exclusive didnt look as good as the most beautiful xbox exclusive, maybe but this generation just started, we'll see what naughty dog/ready at dawn/santa monica have to say on PS4.

Bingo, you're downplaying the extreme examples. Just Cause and Splinter Cell looked amazing on the Xbox compared to the PS2. Call of Duty 3 on the Xbox had four player split screen while the PS2 version didn't offer any split screen. Furthermore, the PS2 doesn't have exclusives visually at par with the best looking Xbox exclusives. Even at launch the Xbox was doing graphics the PS2 couldn't replicate because PS2 simply lacked features Xbox had.

I'll give you this, we're early in the generation and maybe PS4 might do some amazing things down the road. But I'm predicting we will not see examples as extreme as we saw with PS2 vs Xbox.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Panama said:
Rip in rip next gen consoles. Deep down inside I'm thinking these are launch window titles. On the other hand I think the XB1 and PS4 architecture is much easier to develop for than last generation.

Being easy to develope for is not a bad thing pertaining to large improvments over the life of the console. If anything it will help make those improvments easier. The ability to get code running quicker, and put together a working concept really fast allows devs to try new things, and get things working on a basic level really fast. Instead of banging their heads aginst the wall just trying to make the game run, they can spend more time trying out new gameplay mechanics, and optimizing AI, physics, LOD, etc.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I'm not downplaying anything, i'm stating those rare games with huge differences were exception and not rule.

i'm predicting X1 wont have exclusives at par with most impressive PS4 exclusives on this generation, surely not a bold prediction.

Jesus. this topic gets manipulated so much it hurts. IF this game was a last generation game with a few next gen flares thrown in for good measure (Tombraider or Forza 5 for instance) then YES, you would expect it to run at 1080p/60fps. But it's NOT. This is a game built from the ground up for a next gen system and as such has intensive next gen demands. Stop just judging everything on resolution and framerate alone, it's ridiculous. The ONLY reason those two topics are relevant is when deciding which console is more powerful.

The PS5 Exists. 

I expect games on ps4 to be 1080p @ 60fps because of the "powah"

If not then it clearly isn't that powerful over the competition as most seem to claim

its a choice,their using the extra power for graphic effects/soft physics,... to give a understandable example of its power,if this same exact game,same character models/physics/lighting/resolution ect was made on the x1,it might run at 10fps. get it now?

ethomaz said:
Nintentacle said:

The next generation everyone, where devs prefer to have 1080p @ 30fps instead of 720p @ 60fps!

Resolution always first... no game can run below 1080p this generation.

Battlefield 4 ? Ghost ? Killer Instinct ? Ryse ? AC4 ?