By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 will run at 1080p@30fps

Tagged games:

Zekkyou said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
trixiemafia86 said:

Even if a GTX Titan Black edition was in the PS4. The developer would rather chose graphics at 4K (lol) over 60 fps. This is not a multiplayer focused/racing/fighting game.

I expect games on ps4 to be 1080p @ 60fps because of the "powah" 

If not then it clearly isn't that powerful over the competition as most seem to claim. 

They could reach 1080p/60fps if they wanted, but they chose to give that extra power to make the visuals better. It's no different than why Crytek chose to release Ryse in 900p/30fps. They wanted to use that extra power to bring a bit more polish to the game. Gorilla did the same thing, but they instead opted to favor 1080p/30-60fps, which makes sense for an first person shooter. Even a computer with PS2 specs could probably pull off 1080p/60fps if the game was basic enough. Does that mean the PS2 is stronger than a PS4?

As i said to someone else, even if the PS4 was another 50% more powerful they would still likely still lock it at 30fps and take all that extra power to make it look even better. Why waist resources on 60fps for a type of game that doesn't benefit much from it?

You'd think people would understand the logic of basic resource management after all this time... It's not a particularly complex skill to posses.

I agree 100%.  But to be fair, a lot of PS4 fans were using the 720P argument against the Xbox 1 in the same way.  Surely most of those X1 games could also be 1080P with IQ sacrifices.  Now that the shoe is on the other foot, fanboys are OK with it.

It works both ways, and quite frankly, it's really lame both ways.  Let devs do what they need to do to make great games.

Around the Network

the reason resolution and FPS was ever brought up as an argument is because it showed a power gap that some people have been claiming since E3 wouldn't be there. It wasnt that 30 FPS was unplayable, it was why choose that one for 100 bucks more when you get better performance on the cheaper one, as well as a "see i told you so".

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

A game that looks as good and smooth as CGI like toy story 3 or Avatar at 720P 30FPS will look better than any current game at 1080p 60fps.
As long as a developer can make something beautiful, resolution/frame rate can be sacrificed to an extent.
It would be a nice twist if at the end of the generation, the best looking game (technically), runs at 720p. I doubt it though.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Still hate the black bars but enjoy

Andrea Pessino ‏@AndreaPessino 1h

@Desmio to be clear, x800 with 4xMSAA needs more bandwidth than x1080 would, so 1080 no MS would be cheaper
View conversation

Retweet
Favorite

Andrea Pessino ‏@AndreaPessino 1h

@Desmio not set in stone yet, but we do run 4xMSAA which looks spectacular! x800 with AA looks MUCH better than x1080 without :)

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network
trixiemafia86 said:
A game that looks as good and smooth as CGI like toy story 3 or Avatar at 720P 30FPS will look better than any current game at 1080p 60fps.
As long as a developer can make something beautiful, resolution/frame rate can be sacrificed to an extent.
It would be a nice twist if at the end of the generation, the best looking game (technically), runs at 720p. I doubt it though.

Well, funny thing is that it WOULD be that game.  Imagine the IQ they could push if the Order were 720P/30.  

Moving to this generation, these devs are trying to increase overall image quality, which means increasing the quality of assets, geometry, etc. AND resolution in some cases.  A tall order (pun intended)

trixiemafia86 said:

Toy Store 3 and Avatar aren't in 720p... they look good because they runs in way high resolution... the BD runs at 1080p but it don't look close to the cinema with 2k resolution.

Avatar running in 4k is in another level too... it is remasterized... not native 4k yet.

ethomaz said:
trixiemafia86 said:

Toy Store 3 and Avatar aren't in 720p... they look good because they runs in way high resolution... the BD runs at 1080p but it don't look close to the cinema with 2k resolution.

Avatar running in 4k is in another level too... it is remasterized... not native 4k yet.

You don't understand my post. 

I meant, Watching toy story 3 on youtube at 720p looks better than playing a game at 1080p. that's what I meant ;) 

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

I'm not really familar with the different types of AA and how much they impact performance.

Assuming a game was running at 60fps with no AA, to what framerate would 4xMSAA drop the game assuming the same resolution in both cases?

Msaa is the one asking the more resources among aa solutions, even now, few PC users use this solution, the game would surely drop to 30fps anyway with 4xMsaa

andrea pessino was justly talking about this today :

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m