By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I bought Fable Anniversary and...

Tagged games:

daredevil.shark said:

Is it at least in acceptale level?

That's subjective I suppose.

I think everyone will be disappointed by how choppy it is though.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Wright said:

Installed on the HHD?

I am going to get it regardless, but this comes as a disappointment

I installed the game on a memory stick, which works just as well as a HDD installs.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ive heard there are fr issues, but its more than playable. Hopefully a patch will sort this.

You know what, I'm going to forgo getting it. I remember I was all excited about Halo: CEA but it turned out to be pretty terrible. I mean, it was a great game back in the day but playing the same game with a pretty coat on it was not good at all. The gameplay was still decent but the frammerate was gamebreakingly bad at times.

And now it sounds like Fable: Anniversary is the same way so I'll be passing on that. I'll leave the game as a happy memory instead of ruining that memory and making me realize what a sub-par game it is by today's standards.

It really annoys me that they make these remakes of games but don't do anything to fix the problems that they have.

Mr Puggsly said:
daredevil.shark said:

Is it at least in acceptale level?

That's subjective I suppose.

I think everyone will be disappointed by how choppy it is though.

Damn.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

It runs like shit.

Looks great, but runs like shit.

If you dont mind the lack of achievements and the original Xbox look. Fable 1 is one of the games which the Xbox360 has fairly spot on backwards compatibility with. I've played through the game a few times and only encountered one odd thing which I would consider completely within reason for backwards compatibility emulation on the 360.

Fable 1 on the original Xbox still looks sexy as hell. For a 10 year old game.

-edit : I lol'd at the tagged game.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

yo_john117 said:

You know what, I'm going to forgo getting it. I remember I was all excited about Halo: CEA but it turned out to be pretty terrible. I mean, it was a great game back in the day but playing the same game with a pretty coat on it was not good at all. The gameplay was still decent but the frammerate was gamebreakingly bad at times.

And now it sounds like Fable: Anniversary is the same way so I'll be passing on that. I'll leave the game as a happy memory instead of ruining that memory and making me realize what a sub-par game it is by today's standards.

It really annoys me that they make these remakes of games but don't do anything to fix the problems that they have.

Halo Anniversary had disappointing performence, but acceptable. I still prefer it much more than the original so I'm glad it exist even as is.

Fable Anniversary though... I'm shocked by how bad it performs. I was expecting a smooth 30 fps with minor dips.

Performence is important to me, so much so that I might even recommend the PC version of Fable over this. Not a big deal considering the original still looks great.

Recently Completed

Same. Hopefully a quick patch can rectify this. Even so, how can Lionhead release this as it is?

You tried to warn me but noooo.... I'll listen next time. They'll patch this mess up eventually but QC dept. need to be 'fixed'. Like a dog.

PS:  I'm not particularly bothered by low framerates and the game looks good but it's frozen my box up solid 5 times so far and I can't get my toon to run farther than about ten yards.  Keeps getting caught on everything and will slow at every change in direction on the stick.  The original had a little of that but it's really accentuated.  Playable but annoying. 

My only major complaint is that the load times are still pretty bad.