By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Insider Thuway: The Power Gap Between X1/PS4" will increase with The Order:1886

FlamingWeazel said:
Pemalite said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Pemalite said:
JazzB1987 said:
Thy physical power gab between 2 consoles will increase because gaming software gets released OKAAAAY.....

That's what I thought going by the click-bait headline and I fell for it.
A game is going to get released and suddenly the hardware is going to run faster.

WTF? It means as engines get more demanding the x1 will fall further behind, and it's correct.

No. The gap will always be the same, you can't make hardware do more work with magic, there is no "falling behind" the power difference will always be relative to each other.

No the GAP will look bigger, thats what he means, in software. The hardware gap will always be the same but that's not what he is saying here, no software yet has come close to tapping all the power of PS4. When it does the gap in games will look bigger.

Correct me if I am wrong but isnt reading this: "the gap will always be the same"  and then replying with "no the GAP will LOOK bigger"   somewhat pointless?

Its like arguing for the same of arguing. I mean whats your"NO" supposed to do there.

Around the Network

Frankly,
i've seen how deperate Xbox fans are,
just like the PS3 fans were before 2008,
unfortunately,things are not the same now,
PS3 performs worse than XBOX 360 despite having slightly better specs because of the difference develop environment with PC and XBOX360,
while XBOX One is in a totally different situation,
same environment,poorer specs...

stevechan said:
Frankly,
i've seen how deperate Xbox fans are,
just like the PS3 fans were before 2008,
unfortunately,things are not the same now,
PS3 performs worse than XBOX 360 despite having slightly better specs because of the difference develop environment with PC and XBOX360,
while XBOX One is in a totally different situation,
same environment,poorer specs...

thats why you get both. you get best of both worlds. in saying even with poorer spexcs game like ryse looks better then kzsf on a more powerful machine lol. indeed tides as change this time around and ms i spaying teh price. even after deevelopers got the hang of the ps3 architecture the games still looked worse then 360. it wasn't as powerful as sony pr made it sound like .

Lock requested by OP.