By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Insider Thuway: The Power Gap Between X1/PS4" will increase with The Order:1886

Pemalite said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Pemalite said:
JazzB1987 said:
Thy physical power gab between 2 consoles will increase because gaming software gets released OKAAAAY.....

That's what I thought going by the click-bait headline and I fell for it.
A game is going to get released and suddenly the hardware is going to run faster.

WTF? It means as engines get more demanding the x1 will fall further behind, and it's correct.

No. The gap will always be the same, you can't make hardware do more work with magic, there is no "falling behind" the power difference will always be relative to each other.

No the GAP will look bigger, thats what he means, in software. The hardware gap will always be the same but that's not what he is saying here, no software yet has come close to tapping all the power of PS4. When it does the gap in games will look bigger.

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
Pemalite said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Pemalite said:
JazzB1987 said:
Thy physical power gab between 2 consoles will increase because gaming software gets released OKAAAAY.....

A game is going to get released and suddenly the hardware is going to run faster.

WTF? It means as engines get more demanding the x1 will fall further behind, and it's correct.

No. The gap will always be the same, you can't make hardware do more work with magic, there is no "falling behind" the power difference will always be relative to each other.

No the GAP will look bigger, thats what he means, in software. The hardware gap will always be the same but that's not what he is saying here, no software yet has come close to tapping all the power of PS4. When it does the gap in games will look bigger.

They will always be relative to each other.

That's like saying the PS4 will see improvements, the Xbox One will not and the PC will regress back to the DOS days because software.

Multi-platform games aren't going to be pushing any system to it's maximum theoreticals, we saw it last generation and the generation before and the PC has suffered through that for over a decade.
It's only the first party developers that will really make the hardware shine, the Xbox One does have more "Custom Silicon" under it's hood that will probably go untapped for most multiplats.

Then again, from here on out, the gap between PC and console is only going to get bigger too, again, hopefully this generation isn't so long and drawn out.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

FlamingWeazel said:
dane007 said:
Aerys said:

and he didnt say he would use other than pre-bake simulations, so, if you think clearly, you know why he said that.

But why are you denying a fact ? There is no dynamic physic on the environement in Ryse, that's it, i dont see how you can deny this if you played the game, or maybe you dont know what is dynamic physic. Then play Crysis on PC, you'll understand.

That was a good change to gain performance yes but that doesnt change the fact he lied about this and about the " Full HD experience "

Yes K: Shadow Fall is 40k for 1 model, but you can have 21 models in game against you ( and not just clones in the back ground but real models), so i let you do the math to understand polycount in Shadow Fall > Polycount in Ryse

every character model are equal  in detail. so every character model is 85k in detail with all the joint in them. he enver said teh game was native 1080p lol.

from digital foundry of the game : In the case of Ryse it appears that Crytek is applying its own scaling algorithms internally, seemingly bypassing the sub-optimal scaling process. Most likely, as far as the Xbox One is concerned, the game is rendering at 1080p even though the component image is assuredly 1600x900. That would certainly clarify some of the confusion around Cevat Yerli's comments earlier this year. The amount of control available to developers utilising a lower-resolution framebuffer is unclear but Ryse suggests that it is possible to work around the unpleasant effects of the hardware scaler. i think you got conused on what he said. the game was never 1080 native to startw ith .. not even back at e3.obviously you can hvae full range of physics found in a  ethusiast level pc. not even the ps4 would have those physiscs. Plus teh settings don't allow for massive tower destructiosn like that found in bf4. it s common sense really. Lol  i never accounted 21 killzone  ai  shooting at me all at one go.. but i hav e expereinced at least 6 or even more  ai  of ryse on one screeen

Why are you bringing up Ryse? It would be 1080p on ps4 and look better, pointless bringing it up, again diesn't change the fact ps4 is a more powerfull machine.

LOL cevat has said that if there was a ps4 version it woul dbe exactly the same as xbox version. http://www.examiner.com/article/ryse-on-xbox-one-officially-900p-upscaled-ps4-would-be-same-says-crytek. http://gearnuke.com/crytek-ceo-ryse-wouldnt-have-run-at-1080p-on-ps4-decision-was-choice-not-hurdle/. he said its not even possible ot run at 1080p even on ps4 lol

Lawlight said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Lawlight said:
dane007 said:
tuscaniman99 said:
ethomaz said:

tuscaniman99 said:

No upscale but it isn't native 1080p and RAD admitted if it was native 1080p they would have to use a lesser form of AA, most likely FXAA. I have no doubt the game looks good but I don't expect it to look much better than Ryse, which had extremely clean IQ.

RAD said that 4xMSAA in 1920x800p was more demanding than 1080p with noAA... so I'm sure they can for example have 1080p with 2xMSAA.

Yeah... I expect it to look way better Killzone SF... so Ryse won't be close.

Ryse arguably looks better than Killzone.

Agreed. For me having both games,, i would say that Killzone has bettre environment  graphics while Ryse has better character models, aniamtion  and particle effects then Killzone. In saying taht both games are best looking next gen games so far.

Ryse is a very limited game though. Much smaller environments. Less than 70% of the pixels that KZ:SF has. Framerate is between 26-28 compared to KZ:SF's 30-40.

Enough of the technical aspect crap. I can play COD on my PC with technical specs that destroy every PS4 exclusive but that doesn't mean it looks better. Ryse looks as good as Killzone and arguably better. I don't care about the technical aspects.

No, it doesn't.

Yes it does

Kane1389 said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Kane1389 said:
Aerys said:

Yes, Ryse is much more foggy/blurry ( low draw distance and little corridor), cinematic ( 70% qte) , with no physic, Ryse models reach The Order models( complex clothes and skin textures + characters with  hair and beards and mustaches  ) level only in pure cinematics and The Order seems to have more realistic lighting, so i dont see how you can possibly compare it to the Order in realistic term

Dont forget the superior resolution (900p vs 1080p)

Also,4XMSAA, incredibly rare on consoles, but alas, J Allard is gonna J Allard

The order is not 1080p

Yes it does

1920 x 800 =/= 1080p

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
Pemalite said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Pemalite said:
JazzB1987 said:

Let me know when Thuway has seen Quantum Break or the next Halo. The fact you guys take this idiots words as gospel is sad.

tuscaniman99 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Pemalite said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Pemalite said:
JazzB1987 said:

Let me know when Thuway has seen Quantum Break or the next Halo. The fact you guys take this idiots words as gospel is sad.

if there was quantum break or the next halo on ps4, it might even perform better on it.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
tuscaniman99 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Pemalite said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Pemalite said:
JazzB1987 said:

if there was quantum break or the next halo on ps4, it might even perform better on it.

And every single game on PS4 would perform better on PC. That is a stupid argument. You compare what is in front of you. Otherwise just get rid of consoles all together and only make games for PC with insane requirements.

tuscaniman99 said:
deskpro2k3 said:
tuscaniman99 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Pemalite said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Pemalite said:
JazzB1987 said:

And every single game on PS4 would perform better on PC. That is a stupid argument. You compare what is in front of you. Otherwise just get rid of consoles all together and only make games for PC with insane requirements.

False! It wont perform better on all PCs. Not all PCs are equal in specs. That is a stupid argument.

I can't even upgrade my laptop. And this shit cost me 800 dollars at the time.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Lawlight said:
dane007 said:
Lawlight said:
dane007 said:

Well ryse being a contender in the graphics category for dice awards says something which is better looking right? as thats one of important awards show.

And The Last of Us beat them to it.

i know and thats the stupidest part since nothing about TLOU is considered to be WOW in terms of graphics. there was good choices like AC4 and B if i don't include ryse who should have won it instead of TLOu. For me and in my opinion the game is far too much overarrated. its a great game but not to the level that it has been praised for. We were talking about kzsf and ryse as you think killzone is better looking which  is not seen as kzsf wasn't even considered.

So, now DICE awards aren't credible anymore? Or are they? Which is it?

no they are credible. it does taht i don't agree with their choice of winners which is normal right or i must agree that lou deserves it? lol