By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Insider Thuway: The Power Gap Between X1/PS4" will increase with The Order:1886

NobleTeam360 said:
Increase? Aren't the power of the X1 and PS4 set in stone? or is he saying the difference will increase when we see gameplay of The Order?

no it meant to say that when you see teh gameplay video of 1886 you will see the 40% power dufference where ps4 is 40% more powerful then xbox one. 

Around the Network
Aerys said:

dane007 : Ryse doesnt use cry engine physic, not at all, nothing can be destroyed except pre rendered stuff, Ryse only uses Cry engine graphic

Digital Foundry: Can we expect to see any new CE3 features in Ryse that we've not seen before in the Crysis games?

Cevat Yerli: We have many new features in Ryse. On the rendering side the main focus was on moving to more physically-based paradigms but we have a lot of improvements for animation and physics as well. For example, all the cloth and armour parts are moving dynamically but we can also pre-bake complex simulations now and replay them in real-time.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=83981723 their presentation . the use of physics from their engine

Lawlight said:
dane007 said:
tuscaniman99 said:
ethomaz said:

tuscaniman99 said:

No upscale but it isn't native 1080p and RAD admitted if it was native 1080p they would have to use a lesser form of AA, most likely FXAA. I have no doubt the game looks good but I don't expect it to look much better than Ryse, which had extremely clean IQ.

RAD said that 4xMSAA in 1920x800p was more demanding than 1080p with noAA... so I'm sure they can for example have 1080p with 2xMSAA.

Yeah... I expect it to look way better Killzone SF... so Ryse won't be close.

Ryse arguably looks better than Killzone.

Agreed. For me having both games,, i would say that Killzone has bettre environment  graphics while Ryse has better character models, aniamtion  and particle effects then Killzone. In saying taht both games are best looking next gen games so far.

Ryse is a very limited game though. Much smaller environments. Less than 70% of the pixels that KZ:SF has. Framerate is between 26-28 compared to KZ:SF's 30-40.

Enough of the technical aspect crap. I can play COD on my PC with technical specs that destroy every PS4 exclusive but that doesn't mean it looks better. Ryse looks as good as Killzone and arguably better. I don't care about the technical aspects.

FlamingWeazel said:
People like DANE who are still in denial despite it is a FACT the ps4 is quite a bit more powerfull why we keep seeing threads about ps4 games looking or running much better.

Technology can be measured by numbers,there is no sorcery, ps4 has 40% more GPU compute power, fact. Faster better memory on top of that. The gap will always be there, and as we get further from launch and games get more demanding, the x1 will lag behind.

Nobody is arguing that the PS4 is/isn't more powerful. I made a statement that the Order will possibly look better than Ryse but not that much better. Regardless why are we comparing a game that is releasing a year after launch vs a launch title. Let's compare The Order to Quantum Break and then we have something with some substance.

globalisateur said:
This game will be the next gen best graphical cinematic experience, no doubt.

But people who expect it to have unanimously recognized better realistic graphics than Ryse will be disappointed. I predict many Ryse vs The Order graphics threads with no clear objective winner and many incredulous Sony fans in front of the pro-Ryse (rightful) obstination that Ryse is da best graphx.

Whatever thuway said.

I think we will have to wait for the next God of War to better compare it with Ryse.

Ryse is a launch title. I hope we aren't comparing games coming out in 2-3 years to launch titles.

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
Aerys said:

Yes, Ryse is much more foggy/blurry ( low draw distance and little corridor), cinematic ( 70% qte) , with no physic, Ryse models reach The Order models( complex clothes and skin textures + characters with  hair and beards and mustaches  ) level only in pure cinematics and The Order seems to have more realistic lighting, so i dont see how you can possibly compare it to the Order in realistic term

Dont forget the superior resolution (900p vs 1080p)

Also,4XMSAA, incredibly rare on consoles, but alas, J Allard is gonna J Allard

The order is not 1080p

dane007 said:
Aerys said:

dane007 : Ryse doesnt use cry engine physic, not at all, nothing can be destroyed except pre rendered stuff, Ryse only uses Cry engine graphic

Digital Foundry: Can we expect to see any new CE3 features in Ryse that we've not seen before in the Crysis games?

Cevat Yerli: We have many new features in Ryse. On the rendering side the main focus was on moving to more physically-based paradigms but we have a lot of improvements for animation and physics as well. For example, all the cloth and armour parts are moving dynamically but we can also pre-bake complex simulations now and replay them in real-time.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=83981723 their presentation . the use of physics from their engine

So i'm right, except the armor/cloth, everything is pre rendered and not realistic dynamic physic.

In The Order, it's not just the clothes that are moving dynamically( but here soft body physic, much more deep and realistic physic), it's each material reacting exactly like in the reality.

+ how can you trust someone lying to you ? http://i.imgur.com/hsgU48L.png " no change " Lol, we did know they changed the model

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

And will shrink with HALO 5

DJEVOLVE said:

Halo has never been a graphical showcase. Maybe Gears 4 could do it. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Halo has never been a graphical showcase. Maybe Gears 4 could do it. 

Halo 4 was a graphical showcase. According to Digital Foundry. So there's no point denying it.

That being said, the 360 and PS3 were much closer in power than the PS4 and XBO. So I really don't see how anyone could believe the XBO will be able to match or nearly match the PS4 down the road. Most people who believe that are in denial. The gap is already noticeable right now, with games that are not believed to be hard to pull off, like Tomb Raider DE...

Even though a great artstyle and a focus on stability can achieve a lot when eye candies are concerned, as far as technical prowess are concerned, the PS4 will have the edge all gen long. There's no denying this. 

But end of gen PS3 and 360 games already looked great. So I don't see what the problem is here, for any fans of either consoles. Games will consistently look better on the PS4. But there will be great looking games for the XBO too. Ryse looks good, even if it's a bore fest. And really... The comparison with the Batman Arkham series is retarded at best. That series' gameplay doesn't revolve around a battle system only, unlike Ryse. -__-