By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Prefer Physical Or Digital Games?

So... Physical Or Digital?

Physical 172 78.54%

Digital 32 14.61%

What Are Games? 15 6.85%

Total:219

Easily physical. I usually end up selling my games when I'm done with him so physical works best for me. I'd probably only switch over to digital if the games were cheaper to buy.

Around the Network

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz9VN40nCA

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

At the moment physical. Digital games are too big to download with the internet in Australia. (Like 40-50gb for a ps4 game). Maybe 5-7 years down the track it may be different.

Although I love steam with their sales..

To be honest, I would've bought digitally all Wii U titles by now, but then I remember 'bout them sexy discs and boxarts... And I stop myself from acquiring them digitally.

Still, particular handheld games like Pokemon X or Animal Crossing: NL if you know you're gonna put some love in them are a must-digital.

Physical.

I have a shelf to put up all my games on display. Plus if I don't like them, I can always sell them and since I typically like JRPG's, I can often sell them for more then I paid over time.

P.S. I don't believe in things that aren't real.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

I like to combine both depending on how much i like the game and the price... If i have a game for 60$ in Physical and in Digital obviously im getting it Physical. But offer me that game for 40$ digital and you win. That's basically what Steam does with new games and what importation games are starting to do too

I have a few games on Steam that later bought in physical. I just love the boxes.

Physical for me. Digital is super convenient and often less expensive, but I like having a physical copy to lend to friends, to put on display, to sell when I'm bored with it, or simply to keep in perpetuity.

Also, like Kresnik, I like having boxes and manuals, even if the latter are becoming an endangered species.

I prefer digital, but I still consider digital download games as "physical" copies. The reason being I use hard drives like floppy disks (interchanging when I need something specific) with my PCs and gaming consoles (which have been rigged in such a way to allow for quick changing of disks). Its one of the reasons I'm not so keen on the Xbox One, because I'd void my warranty doing what I like to do with HDDs.

I do, however, wish gaming companies would bring the price of digital titles down a bit when compared with their physical counterparts.

Physical.
I like to actually own the stuff I pay money for.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron