By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Prefer Physical Or Digital Games?

So... Physical Or Digital?

Physical 172 78.54%

Digital 32 14.61%

What Are Games? 15 6.85%

Total:219

You know what? If you asked me five years ago, I would have said physical. But now it's digital, all the way. This is probably in part due to me being a PC gamers; digital is just the superior option in most cases on the PC and Steam and GOG have some truly amazing deals almost all the time.

Around the Network

I prefer physical games for collection. I do buy digital but only if it's a good deal. Overall I'd say more than 90% of games are physical.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

it depends:
physical for games i really enjoyed or loved
digital for cheap or handheld games.

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_; 

Leadified said:
Physical, I like the boxes and I just have a sense of security knowing I have a copy on a disc or cart, oh also because Canadian internet is terrible.

That, that it is :/

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_; 

I like digital on PC, physical on my 3DS.

But living in a place where games' price are way higher than US, being able to buy digitally saves me a lot of money.

Around the Network

A good mix of both. For my PSP, I jumped from physical to digital and never looked back. I even re-purchased some games I owned physical copies of.

For the PSVita and 3DS, I prefer physical because the games are small enough to carry without damaging them and they aren't on disc so there is no performance upgrade for having them on the memory card.

With my home consoles, I prefer physical for every retail game. I install everything I play on the 360, btw. I even bought the retail version of Super Luigi because I needs my discs! Plus Nintendo are assholes when it comes to DRM. The exception are the bite sized games. If it's a Virtual Console title, XBLA game, PSN game, indie game, or whatever, I rather have them on the HDD (and I usually have no choice anyway) because they're pretty short and I like browsing through my collection searching for something to play.

Never gonna download a retail PS3, Xbone, or PS4 title because they're too damn big. The exceptions (and they've been for Wii U and Xbox) are when there's a huge sale and the game is small.

I hate digital. I have to touch something

Digital on portables
Physical on consoles

Physical, I like to touch my games.

Always Digital. Always.