By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSB For WiiU/3DS Topic #5: Will They Return? Falco: Yes or No?

If Falco Returns, What would you rather see from him?

More of how he was in Melee 14 28.57%

More of how he was in Brawl 7 14.29%

Change him up a little more 15 30.61%

Chanfe him up alot more! 13 26.53%

Total:49

I pick no because he won't return as his own character and I don't want him to (even though he will be there as a skin)

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Falco has gained a massive fanbase in smash bros.. It would be foolish to not let him return.

Team Definitely Yes for me.

I agree, even if star fox (franchise) isnt as big, people have to remember Falco is more lved in SSB than his own game lol!

Falco is coming back, he is way too popular of a character and his physics are far too different from Fox to be a skin. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of entirely different characters being skins for existing characters, although I am a huge fan of alternate skins in general.

I like his play style better in Melee but I like the changes they made to him in Brawl. I would prefer they change up his move set even more, but it would be nice if his shield kick was more useful.

I'll say yes...
He was quite popular in Melee and Brawl, correct???
And he always did pretty well on tier lists if I'm not mistaken...
I don't see Wolf returning, however...
He was a pretty lame last character to unlock...
Regardless, I'm Team Yes...

Have a nice day...

Sign me up for Team Fuck Yeah.

Around the Network
Spazzy_D said:
Falco is coming back, he is way too popular of a character and his physics are far too different from Fox to be a skin. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of entirely different characters being skins for existing characters, although I am a huge fan of alternate skins in general.

I like his play style better in Melee but I like the changes they made to him in Brawl. I would prefer they change up his move set even more, but it would be nice if his shield kick was more useful.

i agree with wat you said with falco, that said the character alternate skins can definitely work but it depends with who. (not with fox/falco! they should be seperate!)

We already have wii fit trainer have an alt skin character (male version). Hopefully then can do more with it than just her. How about Lucina from FE be an alt to Marth? makes sense to me! Same moveset/etc but its 2 different people but as one character. This will also let Chrom be the second FE character and let him have his own moveset!

Another i can think of is Peach~Daisy (not just the color swap!) and Olimar~Alph!

I'll go for Team Yes. I like Falco, though I did use Wolf more than him in Brawl. Out of those two I'd say Wolf is the more likely to not make a return.

tbone51 said:
Spazzy_D said:

i agree with wat you said with falco, that said the character alternate skins can definitely work but it depends with who. (not with fox/falco! they should be seperate!)

We already have wii fit trainer have an alt skin character (male version). Hopefully then can do more with it than just her. How about Lucina from FE be an alt to Marth? makes sense to me! Same moveset/etc but its 2 different people but as one character. This will also let Chrom be the second FE character and let him have his own moveset!

Another i can think of is Peach~Daisy (not just the color swap!) and Olimar~Alph!

Frist things first, the Male Wii Fit Trainer was never confirmed to be an alt skin.  I think it is, but it  could very well be an assist trophy.  Secondly, I am more then fine with Male Wii Fit Trainer or Female Animal Crossing Villiger being alt skins as they are merely customization options for avatar characters.  I am also fine with things like Marth getting his Awakening design (but not Lucina) as a skin, or Mario having a Dr. Mario Alt, or even Bowser being Dry Bowser, since they are essentially the same characters.

I don't think things like Marth getting a Roy alt or Peach getting a Daisy alt should happen.  Daisy having Peach;s atatcks would be strange, I mean, people wanted Rosalina as a Peach alt and look how she turned out.  Bottom line, I don't think the characters would feel like distinct characters this way.

I actually would much prefer more clones, but I don't want clones to interfer with any unique characters. Hey. here's a though. would people be against having clones characters as (true) dlc?  This way they wouldn't interfere with development time, but could be a fun way to boost the roster after launch, especially considering how different most clones play from each other.

New thread Metaknigt now! http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=177696

last bump