By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox One has won the launch at my dormatory

One of my friends just bought a PS4.

None of the others own a PS4 or XBO, nor are they planning on buying either any time soon.

I guess I would say the 3DS is winning this gen in my circle of friends.

Around the Network

Xbox One doesn't even have that much games like Yall are trying to say it does. The console just launched and has pretty much the same multi plats as the ps4. None of these 3 consoles have good libraries yet. Buying these consoles is still a future investment at the moment.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
RolStoppable said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I didn't even have to bring Titanfall into it, because that will only make the disparity worse.

Wait, wait, wait...

Does this mean that you are back in the Microsoft camp again? You also said "twenty of us", oh my...

I follow the games not the company, but right now MS is winning. 

It's going to be around 7 years, so I wouldn't put too much stock in launch games.

Areal-Llort said:
xbox is best games. ps4 is for people that want to wait for games

PS4 is mostly for people who like story based games and truer exclusives than Microsoft can dish out creatively. The difference between Microsoft and Sony is Microsoft places their bets on the safe horse for profit. Sony puts all their creative muscle behind their creative teams and pumps out new IP and aligns themselves with like-minded companies before a proper merger (if games are successful). This is why Microsoft is always down to a handful of games.Sony has the legs because of their ambition. Microsoft capitalizes by buying other peoples games or keeping games away from Sony. I would suggest Sony didn't play the moneyhat game with Microsoft, because its a lost cause at this point. It  lost them the launch against the 360 outside of their launch price for the PS3. The PS4 is starting off well but they need to give people incentives. Hopefully 2014 brings those.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Getting close to graduation and everyones already talking about which consoles to get. We played all the next gen consoles and everyone unanimously agreed Microsoft destroyed the next gen launches with a little help from Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3. I didn't even have to bring Titanfall into it, because that will only make the disparity worse. Like twenty of us are buying the Xbox One first, so MS has won over my dormatory. They went from Xbox 360 to PS3 back to Xbox One.

The best decision.!!!!

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
Stage switches sides more than tom cruise

I don't have a side. As I've said before, I have zero loyalty. I follow the games. If you would listen instead of just focusing on my statements in the moment you would realize this fact. I wont deny the source of where the best games are.

theprof00 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

my...

I follow the games not the company, but right now MS is winning. 

It's going to be around 7 years, so I wouldn't put too much stock in launch games.

Exactly, but I am buying all three consoles this gen and I will pay for whichever catches my attention first. Theres no reason for any real gamer not to have all of them over a period of time outside of lacking funds. As I said before, Microsoft is a master company at perception, so obviously they would be the only one moneyhatting the top titles. I cannot deny where the exclusives are. I don't know what to tell everyone.

Well, the Xbox One does have  a better library of games right now. I would rather take Dead Rising 3 over every game the PS4 has to offer........for now ( Infamous SS may change that)

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Xbox has some good games. Dead Rising and Killer Instinct especially IMO. The system isn't bad at all. They made a great choice and shows that not everyone gives a shit about graphics long as the game is playable. No game on the Xbox is broken compared to PS. Seems like they are having fun and that's what's most important.

Cool story bros, but general sales don't show a trend of winning for XB1 yet.

I'm interested in some XB1 exclusives too, but the higher price, lower quality multi-plats and slow loading aren't going to make me run and get XB1 as my primary 8th gen system.

My 8th gen collection