By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox One has won the launch at my dormatory

S.T.A.G.E. said:
theprof00 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

my...

I follow the games not the company, but right now MS is winning. 

It's going to be around 7 years, so I wouldn't put too much stock in launch games.

Exactly, but I am buying all three consoles this gen and I will pay for whichever catches my attention first. Theres no reason for any real gamer not to have all of them over a period of time outside of lacking funds. As I said before, Microsoft is a master company at perception, so obviously they would be the only one moneyhatting the top titles. I cannot deny where the exclusives are. I don't know what to tell everyone.

I wasn't referring to you but rather the 20 people that are all getting the same console because of launch games, despite liking the other hardware..

Around the Network

A strategically important victory indeed.

The multis are the same and except Dead Rising 3 PS4 offer better and more games... the situation gets even better if you didn't have a PC like me.

There are so many games to play on PS4.

PS4 had more diversified genres too.

Nothing's better than setting reasonable expectations and goals to succeed. O-)

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

WebmasterX said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Getting close to graduation and everyones already talking about which consoles to get. We played all the next gen consoles and everyone unanimously agreed Microsoft destroyed the next gen launches with a little help from Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3. I didn't even have to bring Titanfall into it, because that will only make the disparity worse. Like twenty of us are buying the Xbox One first, so MS has won over my dormatory. They went from Xbox 360 to PS3 back to Xbox One.

The best decision.!!!!

Hell yeah, it will have the most competitive games in the first year. Halo 4, Titanfall and Killer Instinct? No brainer. I will get the PS4 at the end of the year.

Around the Network
PlayMatt said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

They went from Xbox 360 to PS3 back to Xbox One.

And are going to PS4 in some years lol...

It's so funny cause MS just bring exclusives on the beggining of the generation then it will become 2 -3 titles for year and no title on the console's last years... While PS4 will keep on with about 6 or more titles per year + console support at the generation's end

MS always brings exclusive at the begnning. The question is whether we can trust them to go for the long haul.

TheSting said:

Xbox has some good games. Dead Rising and Killer Instinct especially IMO. The system isn't bad at all. They made a great choice and shows that not everyone gives a shit about graphics long as the game is playable. No game on the Xbox is broken compared to PS. Seems like they are having fun and that's what's most important.

Yep, you could tell by the way one of my friends was humping a zombie with a flame thrower that looked like a dick in dead rising three and the whole room errupting into laughter that was they were having fun. LOL He was cursing at the zombies while humping and there were other ones below in a stack getting teabagged.

d21lewis said:
RawrJa said:
Darth Tigris said:
Wait, why do people keep saying that the PS4 has a better games outlook??? Based on what's been solidly announced, I just don't see it.

S.T.A.G.E.'s post makes sense to me. Anecdotal, yes, but interesting. It may not be the popular thing among fanatical gaming geekdom, but it makes all the sense in the world. And Titanfall being a system selling hit may be an nightmare for that same subset of gaming, but all signs point to that not being so far fetched.

BUT the Sony fanbase is loyal, loud and arrogant and the PS4 seems to be a great piece of tech, so this gen will be quite a battle for the distance methinks. I just hope it's enough outside of the core ...

Sony fanbase are neither of those things. Majority of Sony fanbase has/going to purchase a Wii U or own a high end gaming pc.  The part I just dont agree with.  Also both launch line-ups are trash.

Exactly what I was thinking.  In fact, the Xbox360 fanbase probably IS the Sony fanbase!

Part of the PS2 fanbase, yes. It doesn't matter to them because they want the third party games. If they see the exclusives they will play them though.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

LOL You don't even know the things we told the Xbox tonight. "Xbox detonate!" "Xbox go F*** yoursefl!" and much, much more. LOL The Xbox Snap kept getting fucked with. It was hilarious. One friend was like "Xbox call Pizza Hut!"

Sounds like the right demographic. LOL

my school doesn't even know the 8th gen exists