By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: There won't be a proper Zelda game for Wii U

The next game in the series will be TP'd... aka released on both the current and next-gen console with minor graphical tweaks.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

They said it was ready to be shown last year so I doubt your prediction very much.

I'm sure they would absolutely LOVE to do this, but they won't for the simple fact that the moment people can't buy a new Nintendo console KNOWING they'll get a new big console quality Zelda, or a big new console quality 3D Mario, Smash, etc etc etc is the day Nintendo's console sector truly dies.

You may think "well, all those people would buy anyways once the Zelda is unveiled/released!", but it's actually important for fanboy moral early on to be able to have that idea they can project all their wildest fantasies onto.

Once the actual Zelda game is shown off, if people didn't already hype themselves up, it's suddenly easy to shrug it off and decide they're not going to bother buying it afterall.

They already said they won't be doing Twilight Princess HD. That they tested it and the added resolution didn't add much. Besides, even if the Wii U does totally fail, the worst case scenario is they'll release Zelda U simultaneously on the Wii U and the Wii U's successor

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Hm. I wouldn't rule it out. This would also mean Wii U2 releases during holiday 2016? Hm. Well, it's possible.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

OMG I've never seen so many Link's Avatars on a first page!

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

Viktor said:
Obvious troll threads should be bannable.

This isn't a troll thread. He's been oddly pessimistic as of late.

OT: I'm happy you weren't spewing about how certain Zelda games (WW, SS) aren't "proper."

NintendoPie said:
Viktor said:
Obvious troll threads should be bannable.

This isn't a troll thread. He's been oddly pessimistic as of late.

OT: I'm happy you weren't spewing about how certain Zelda games (WW, SS) aren't "proper."

SS is fantastic.

And, I read a lot of people calling this prediction baseless. Maybe, but that's what I feel. It's not about being pessimistic, but about Nintendo pulling a GC-Wii faster than the last time.

If Nintendo announces TPHD I'll buy it, just like I did for WWHD despite being the weakest 3D Zelda. Fans are excited for Hyrule Warriors too, so the console will be covered.

If the true Zelda game is released at launch, like the Wii, I'll buy the succesor console day one.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

So, I know I'll be banned for bumping, but are we closer to this prediction now?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Never read such a huge amount of mental bullshit at once.