By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: There won't be a proper Zelda game for Wii U

Nah, the true Zelda Wii U will be coming Holidays 2014 or summer 2015

Gaming on:

PC:
Asus Z87-A  |  i7 4770K  |  MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
G. Skill Ripjaws X Series 32 GB DDR3 2133 mhz  |  WD Blue 1TB SSD & WD Blue HDD 1TB

Consoles:
WiiU
Switch (Docked)
PS 3 / 4

Handhelds:
New 3ds XL
Switch (Portable Mode ;P )

Around the Network

But Iwata and Aonuma said in a Direct (the direct where WW HD was announced) that there's a new Zelda game in development for the WiiU and they'll re-think the conventions of Zelda, I don't think it's so early in development that they'll change platform.

Ignoring the fact that it's been announced already, every Nintendo console had a Zelda game of it's own. The series even got it's own Game & Watch and Game Watch game. The WiiU will be no exception. The Virtual Boy is the only exception, it didn't have a Zelda, but they discontinued that after like half-a-year.

Zelda WiiU will arrive no later than holiday 2015. If there's ever going to be a 'TPHD' (yes please ), that game will be on the next console.

Zelda has a lot of catching up to do from current rpgs/action games to be great pretty graphics just won't do.

areason said:
Zelda has a lot of catching up to do from current rpgs/action games to be great pretty graphics just won't do.

Yep. Dragon Age could be good source of inspiration. Put in some voice acting, sex scenes and change the combat for starters. 

Around the Network

Worst case we get a Twilight Princess scenario. Swan song Wii U title and next gen launch title.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

HoloDust said:
Funny, I was thinking about the same thing few days ago...though I think they're more likely to pull TP like scenario, release the game on WiiU and than enhanced version on successor.

I was just discussing a similar scenario with a friend just the other day.

If (and only if) Nintendo is really destined to succeed WiiU with a new console very early, then I could see a TP situation.  It won't skip the WiiU, so I think the OP's prediction is wrong, but I could see it being a launch game for the next console with enchanced visuals in native 1080p vs 720p on WiiU.

If it comes out on Wii U in 2 years, then it will be a short dumbed down game like skyward sword was. We'll see.

green_sky said:
areason said:

Yep. Dragon Age could be good source of inspiration. Put in some voice acting, sex scenes and change the combat for starters. 

Lol hitting on my avatar without even touching my point. 

The witcher series dark/demon souls even dragons dogma have added a lot to rpgs/action games especially gameplay wise.

And yes having voice acting wouldbe nice. 

Terrible prediction, based on nothing.

Worst case scenario it would be a cross console game like Twilight Princess, because its already been annonced for Wii U.

But these predictions that Wii U is gonna be discontinued and replaced with a new console are completely ridiculous. Nintendo has never done that, not even with the gamecube. I'm also sure they have SEGA's example still fresh on their minds. The Wii U is here to stay, just like the Vita. But while Sony doesnt seem to care very much about seriously supporting it, Nintendo is going to support the Wii U.

Seriously... just for X the console is worth getting. When you add Zelda and many other games even better. No, its not gonna be many peoples main console, but as a secondary one... it sure delivers. Lots of quality exclusives.